1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I have to say that I am a bit of a yarn snob. I don't require that all my yarn is expensive, but I do like natural fibers. Mainly I just don't like the plastic feeling that many acrylics have. I do like some blends though and I like a lot of the lion brand yarns to make washable stuff for my daughter. I also recycle sweaters bought from the Salvation Army. I like natural fibers, but I don't like to pay for them *smile*
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin my own yarn and I used to crochet but I don't really do it so much any more.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to most scents, they are just too strong. Highly allergic to smoke, not allergic to any fibers or pets.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting since I was a little girl. My grandmother used to have me and cousins mass producing squares that she would sew into throws. Child labor should have stepped in at some point I think...
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Sure do! There's a link to it on the right hand side of my blog.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Since I'm allergic to the world at large, I like to stick to scents like baby powder, etc. I love the Bath and Body Works Chocolate scented lotion, yummy!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I'm addicted to anything covered in dark chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do it all, I recently started beading. I have taken a couple of photography classes. I used to paint and draw, I'm just a crafty person.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like jazz, r&b, disco, old school r&b and yes I can play mp3's.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I'm an autumn girl, I love anything in shades of dark green, navy, brown, black and cream. Together are alone.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm divorced with one 4 year old daughter (soon to be 5) and my BF and I have been dating for about 2 years and 4 months. One day he may get a clue and ask me to marry him, LOL!
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Sorry, but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Right now I'm thinking the best occupation in the world would be being able to produce my own line of yarns and knitting patterns *smile* Who knows?
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don't really have a favorite brand, but my favorite fiber is alpaca.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not a big fan of mohair, I can take it carded together with other fibers, but I think it's a bitch to knit with (cuz it sheds and it's hard to rip if you make mistakes) and I find it scratchy.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Cardigans! cardigans, cardigans. I don't really EVER wear pull overs, so I'm making a bunch of cardigans.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like a quick project everynow and then, a beanie or a scarf. Instant gratification.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Ribby Cardi from Chick Knits.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I'm too fat for them, anything that adds pounds should only be sold to skinny people *smile*
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I use circular needles for everything I knit.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I can't stand plastic needles. bleh!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
I have never knit a sock, but I have some sock yarn in my stash in case the need ever arises.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
4 month old (Klaralund)
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't think I have ever really given this much thought. I guess I would have to say Winnie the Pooh or Eyore.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I love all holidays, but if I had to pick a favorite I would have to say Christmas.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really, I sort of unofficially collect stamps. I work at a college and we get mail from all around the world. Sometimes if they are pretty, we cut them out and keep them, haha.
Ok, now you have all you ever wanted to know about me and much, much more I'm sure. Until next time...
2 comments:
Hi from your secret pal! A few questions....
If you were to recommend a great brand of Alpaca yarn to use what would it be?
Coffee & tea preferences?
Top 5 best yarns to knit with yarns?
What patterns are you drooling over presently?
That's all for now...this is fun! Can't wait to begin!
Hello secret pal!
I'm so excited to be a part of this. Ok, ok... I would have to say that I'm really likeing the Misti Alpaca right now, great yardage, great price but for the most part I spin my own alpaca yarn.
Coffee and Tea preferences: I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I LOVE the green tea tropical from Mighty Leaf Tea, YUM!
Best yarn to knit with: I love Patons classic wool, it's got a great price and great yardage (I'm cheap, (ahem) frugal knitter *smile*). I'm aching to try out the Peruvian collection Quechua they have on elann right now, mainly because I'm always on the look out for a cheap new source of alpaca. I like the Jo Sharp Wool and especially the wool tweed. I'm really liking tweedy yarns with slubs in them right now like the Jo Sharp silk road tweed. Um... was that 5? I'm not sure but I think that gives you an idea of what kinds of yarn I like *smile* I have to say that right now I find myself buying more fiber than yarn, lol.
Patterns I'm drooling over: This could take days! LOL! actually right now I'm trying to find some cheap (ahem) economical yarn that I can use to make the Maxwell cardigan from Jaeger JB20. I have the pattern but not the yarn, haha! I love cardigans and I love even more cardigan patterns with interest like this one. I also need to get more little girl patterns. My 5 year old is aching for me to knit something cute and pink for her *smile*
Wow, I kinda got caught up in that one. I guess that's all you ever wanted to know and more, LOL!
Post a Comment