Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Pictures!


Well, I didn't get much knitting done this past weekend but I did do a lot of knitting related crafting. I have to warn you that there are going to be a lot of goodies (i.e. pictures!) in this post. Here is a shot of all the yarn I actually finished this weekend. I have some more still on the bobbin and some more fiber that has been pre-drafted and is waiting to be spun, but I forgot to take a picture of those so this is all you get today *smile*


This first one I did not spin, but I did dye it. It's mostly mohair with a wool binder. Very soft and pretty. It's about a total of 300 yards. I plan to use this to make the Misty Garden scarf from Scarf Style by Pam Allen.


This second one is the yarn that I spun from the roving you saw in my dye-pot a little while back. I ended up with about 120 yards. It's very soft and I love the colors, this yarn was also very easy to spin. It's about a worsted weight, this is destined to be a scarf for the little one.


This last one is some merino roving I've had in my stash for longer than I care to mention (LOL). I dyed it in various colors of Kool-Aid and then spun it up into a self-striping yarn. I can't wait to knit this up and see how the colors come out. It's about 200 yards.


After I got tired of spinning (I spun up about a pound of yarn this weekend), I directed my attention to some bead work. Here's my attempt at pretty new row counter bracelet's. I love it! I made one for myself in pretty brown beads, I'll post pictures of that one later.


Here are some stitch markers I made using Illana's instructions and Shrinky Dinks! I used to love these things as a kid. I printed out a picture of the BF wearing a hat I made for him on the special paper, popped them in the oven and... Voila!


These are made using a semi-precious stone that I can't remember the name of and if I could I probably wouldn't know how to spell it, so I will just say they are very pretty *smile*


I made some bigger sizes for those honking size 15 needles that work so well for scarfs, etc.

I had one more picture of stitch markers (which were my favorite one's by the way) but for some reason my post got cut in half so, oh well. I'm not willing to do the whole thing over again. I also rescued some yarn from the Salvation Army this weekend. It's a really pretty tweedy cranberry yarn that used to be a Structure sweater. It's 50% wool, 25% silk and 25% cotton. It's destined to be the Maxwell cardigan from the Jaeger JB20 Collection. There are a lot of nice patterns in this book, I can't wait to get started. I will post pictures of the yarn tomorrow or the day after. I think I might be a little short as far as yardage and since I can't buy more of this same yarn (ha-ha) I'm thinking I might buy some black tweed yarn in the same gauge and use that on the bottom of the sleeves and sweater, what do you think?

I also joined Secret Pal 4, I will be posting all my likes and dislikes tomorrow. So if you're interested stop by and take a look!

2 comments:

renee said...

Those are super cool stitch markers and your boyfriend is a hottie!

superstahr said...

Thanks! I think he's a cutie too. *smile* I'm also impressed with my markers, haha!