My daughter has turned up with an infection in each ear and I can't tell if I'm just bone tired from her waking me up in the middle of the night with pain in her ear, or if I'm actually getting sick. Who knows? *smile* My plan is to take a bunch of drugs and go to bed early tonight (if I can resist doing just a little bit of knitting) and hopefully I will feel better in the morning.
I've also just bought about 2lbs of blue face leicester in anticipation of getting back to doing more spinning. I've never worked with this fiber before but I keep hearing how wonderful it is to spin and how soft it is and well, this seemed like a good price so I decided to go for it. I'm hoping to spin it all up and knit a sweater for myself or my BF out of this. Now I just need to learn how to navajo ply so that I can get a really balanced yarn to knit with. If anyone knows where I could take a class in the Los Angeles area I would be very greatful to know.
I'm still making payments on my drum carder that I put on lay-away at Woodland Woolworks. I ended up choosing the Fricke Petite Drum Carder because of size and price. I have a pound of alpaca locks at home waiting for this puppy to arrive. I can't wait. I've never used a drum carder before so I hope it's not that difficult to do!
I've also been evaluating my life and what the hell I'm going to do with the rest of it *smile* and I think I'm going to try this grad school thing. It's complicated right now by the fact that I'm broke and it costs a lot of money to apply to and go to graduate business school. I recently found out that I owe a million dollars (or at least that's what it feels like) for my B.S. degree so this is going to be an interesting endeavor to say the least. Also, the GMAT costs $225 by itself and I've already spent a small fortune for applications soooooo..... I added a link in case anyone wants to take pity on me and contribute a dollar towards my GMAT exam. Shoot fifty cents would help, I can't keep up my fiber and education purchases at these prices LOL! I have to say that I'm proud of myself though because I have not bought any new yarn in a while so at least I don't feel so much like I'm wasting money.
I'm almost done with the first sleeve of my Ribby Cardi and thanks to the knit along I finally figured out how to work those darn increases on the sleeves. Then I just need to finish my BF's sweater and I can start on a cardigan for the monster (my daughter) who is feeling very left out these days. Right. After. I. Get. Some. Sleep.....
Edited to add: I just came across "The Best of 2004, Knit Blog Style" on JenLa's blog. I had to share with you all. I haven't gone through them all yet but I think they did well with their picks. Oh if I could only be so worthy as to make such a list one day *smile*
No comments:
Post a Comment