Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year!


Welcome back and Happy New Year to everyone out there. My New Year was very interesting. I bet you didn't know that I am a White Suiter for the Tournament of Roses. So, I spent my new year's eve at the movies watching Lemony Snicket's (which I loved by the way) and then I spent all of New Year's day and the day after manning the floats at the Post Parade viewing. This was my first year on the Post Parade committee and I had a ball. Here is a picture of me in front of one of the floats. Looking at this picture made me realize two things; One - White is NOT my color, and Two - I need to lose weight! LOL

Here I am on another float. It was fun taking pictures in front of all the floats. I have a ton to go through.

Here is a picture of my little princess posing with one of this year's rose princesses, Lisa Pallay. She was so proud to be taking a picture with a "real" princess. LOL!

One more thing you may not know about me is that I was once a rose princess myself. I'm the 2nd to the right of the queen. This was many moons and many pounds ago (1993)... I took a picture on the float again this year, but is makes me a little sad to see how much I've changed, LOL

I had to share this float with you all because they had these cute little yarn balls with a basket of kittens. The yarn balls were made with such things as crushed walnut shells and crushed sweet rice. Not exactly the softest yarn, but it sure looks cute here *smile*

Here is a bouquet I made with some flowers from the Rain Bird float. The float builders let us pick it pretty much clean since it wasn't going to be displayed anywhere else after post parade.

On the knitting front I made some progress on Clapotis II. Here is how far I made it with one skein of the Serendipity. I'm loving this stuff more and more. It just keeps getting softer and the colors are lovely.

Ok, I know this has been a long and picture filled post so I promise this is my last picture. Here is a set of stitch markers that I made a few weeks back. These will fit up to about a size 9 needle. I made a bunch more and I might be sharing those later but... TTFN!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Hello fellow RAOKer! I've enjoyed reading your blog - what great stitch markers you've been making. The yarn you're using for Clapotis II is beautiful as well. Where did you get the yarn it?

superstahr said...

Sorry! I forgot to link to the web site where I bought the yarn. There are called Serendipity in South America their eBay site is located at http://stores.ebay.com/Serendipity-in-South-America_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm. They have great yarn and even better customer service!

Suzanne said...

omg, stacey, you had the coolest new year's day EVER.
no crap.
that must be the coolest thing in the whole world.

man oh man.
how do you follow up a year started like that? omg!

and those scrabble stitch markers ROCK. i've been scouring thrift stores for forsaken and half-lost scrabble tile sets so i can make my own.

man, stacey. you rock.

superstahr said...

It really was a lot of fun, my feet hurt like hell after two days of walking but I have to admit I was laughing and smiling the whole time. Everyone in Tournament is great, and it kinda makes you feel good when you see the amazement on people's faces as they look at the floats. A lot of people also thank us for volunteering, which gives you a little of that happy to be doing something nice feeling. You are usually on the same committee two years in a row, so I already have next New Year's day planned! LOL!

Thanks for the compliments on my stitch markers as well. It's a new hobby but I think I'm doing pretty well. The hard part is drilling the holes in those little square tiles, you have to have a really steady hand let me tell you! *smile*

wendy g said...

How much fun to be a White Suiter although I am sure it takes a lot of time. Also your stitch markers are great.