While I have been enjoying (and accomplishing) some knitting, I have also been having fun trying my hand at making knitting accessories (my knitting friends don't mind it so much either *smile*). Here is my attempt at making a row counter bracelet. I think it came out pretty nice, a few of my friends are wearing them when they're not even knitting, lol. This one is made with wooden beads and a leather cord, I plan to try some pretty jeweled ones next.
I have also been dying yarn, this is a chunky thick and thin wool yarn that I'm calling dusky rose because... well, because that's what it looks like *smile* I'm also trying to do bigger dye lots now so I made 4 100 yards skeins in this color.
This next one I call spring tulips because that what it makes me think of when I look at it. I guess it's all this rain we're getting in Southern California now that makes me look forward to the sun coming out and bring new flowers again. I only made two skeins of this yarn, one is 156 yards and the other is 180. Nice and soft *smile*
This last picture I'm sharing just because I think it's pretty. It's an orchid from the Rain Bird float that I raided on Sunday. They still look gorgeous. That's one good thing about this cold wet weather, my flowers sure do last a long time!
I also joined Secret Pal 4, I'm really excited about that because it will be my first time joining one of the secret pal groups. I hope I don't get someone who forgets about me *smile* but I'm sure Jacqueline will take care of me. I even created a "100 things about me" page in honor of my soon to be secret pal. Unfortunately I haven't added even one thing to the page yet but I'll get to it soon.
Ribby Cardi is plodding right along. I'm about halfway through the right front, after that all I have to do is the sleeves and assembly. I traded out Clapotis II right now in order to finish up Ribby. I'm also trying to decide if I will ever finish Klaralund. She's all done except for the seaming but I just don't like how the pieces look. I suppose I should at least sew her together before I decide to rip her and use the yarn for something else. I'll keep you posted... *smile*
3 comments:
Ooohh aaaahhhh ... I don't know which is prettier, the orchid (beautiful) or the yarn you dyed (gorgeous!). I'm so jealous!
Love your row counter bracelet too. The colors you've put together for that (and your stitch markers) look great!
Regarding sewing up Klaralund, you could just pin the seams with safety pins to see if you like the fit, etc. Less hassle than sewing!
That is such a totally EXCELLENT idea! And so obvious now that I see it here. I wish you had left your name so I could thank you properly. Thanks!!!!!!
Post a Comment