Friday, January 28, 2005

I got a scarf


I signed up for the scarf swap a while ago and I just received my scarf! Yay! Isn't it pretty?! Renee from A Good Yarn was my secret scarf pal and I think she did a great job. I wore it to work yesterday and everyone was trying to steal it.


Here is a close up of the stitches. She sent me a little note and some cute stitch markers (pictures later *smile*) to let me know that this was a pattern out of scarf style. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the pattern (which is sad because I have the book at home) but I'm sure if you look through your copy you will see which one it is immediately.


Here I am modeling my new pretty scarf. Don't mind the white cords hanging from my ears, I also got an iPod Shuffle yesterday. I love this little thing! The sound is great and it holds a ton of music and audio books. I would post a picture but I remembered to take my camera home last night but I forgot to bring it back to work with me this morning, go figure!

I also made an appointment with my Dr. this morning, my sciatica is killing me right now. I think I would benefit from some physical therapy. They prescribed some Naproxen for me back in October when I was first diagnosed and I never took it because I HATE taking pills, but this week I have found myself popping pills like a drug addict. I need to find some other way to combat this that does not include taking drugs. If anyone knows of a helpful website or has any insight on sciatica I would sure appreciate it.

I also have to share with you how sweet my sweetie is just because I feel so lucky to have him. He's taking me away this weekend to San Diego. We are supposed to meet up with some of his friends up there but that may not happen. Either way I'm just happy to get away with my baby. My mom is going to stay at my house and babysit the little monster so I even get a little break from saying, "Don't touch that", "I don't know why the clouds fell on the mountain", or "No, you cannot feed the fish fish sticks". Oh, I have to admit I'm a lucky girl *smile*

Hopefully I will be able to post some more pictures tonight when I get home with my camera. I stayed up way too late last night and spun some truely wonderful yarn. I'm so pleased with how it came out. Be on the lookout for that one.

I leave you today with the most... umm... original knitting pattern I have ever seen. The sad part is I think I might actually want to knit one, LOL!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

For your back try yoga or yogurt as my three year old says.. I love it and as I have lower back problems it helps. it got me on my feet over the summer when I pulled a musclke and serious pain meds din nothing. I can laugh now but getting in the car after the doctors office I got my first foot in and sat down but could not get my second foot in the car. my husband had to lif it in for me. Enjoy your trip to San Diego!

Christie said...

Hello...I just happened to find your blog...that's a beautiful scarf, by the way...
I was reading your SP4 and some of your other posts and will be back to see what you're up to! Take care [and I hope you feel better]!
That's is the scariest...um, do you call that a hat?...I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Stacey
I just wanted to say I hope you have a good week, something should be coming your way soon...with more to come...good luck at the doctors!
:)
Your Secret Pal

superstahr said...

Thanks! I did get a call from my doctors office on friday and he has approved the referral, so as soon as I get that magical slip of paper I'm off to the physical therapist. I'm also planning on attending the free joga class here at my job tomorrow night. Wish me luck! *smile*