Wednesday, January 19, 2005

More patterns to obsess over

Well I got my Vogue Knitting Winter 04-05 and Tendances Hiver 04-05 in the mail yesterday and I've already started drooling. There were a shocking amount of nice patterns in the Vogue book. I usually don't like their patterns so much (too much chunky yarn patterns) but there were a lot of nice ones this time. Here are some of my favorites.


This first one is on page 67 (if you would like to follow along in your copy *smile*). Their patterns don't have names so I will just tell you that this is #11. I like the rib shapping at the bottom and the shapping along the neck and armholes.


This next one is on page 77, pattern #20. I love the free flowing lines of this sweater. It looks very comfortable to wear. I NEED this, LOL!


This next one is a classic twinset. Every wardrobe needs one of these. There were a lot of classic patterns in this issue along these lines. This is pattern #31 on page 89.


The last pattern I will share with you from the Vogue book (which is also the pattern I plan to make first) is pattern #12 on page 68. I love the long bell sleeves, it's right up my alley. Plus I think I have enough navy blue dk weight yarn in my stash to make this sweater. The reccomended yarn is Anny Blatt Merinos, but you need 20 balls to make a size large (42 1/4" bust) and I want to make it a little longer in the waist, so by the time I buy the yarn my daughter and I will be homeless. Moving on...


Ok, let me start by saying I love every pattern in the Hiver 04-05 Tendances so I'm only sharing my two fav's with you. First is this wrappy cardigan that you can wear in a multitude of possibilities according to the book. I've seen sweaters like this where the front pieces are very long and it looks a little stupid if you don't wrap them around you. I love that this can be worn open or closed without looking akward or bulky.


And second is another variation on a wrap sweater. I don't know why my fat but wants to pick all these clingy shapped patterns, but I have hope that I will lose some weight and these will be cute on me! Pray for me, LOL. Ok, I have run now, my knitting meet-up starts in about 15 minutes and I'm the host and I'm not ready. Agghhh! TTFN!

No comments: