Monday, October 04, 2004

Whole lotta knitting going on

Well I have been knitting away over the past few days. Being home sick sure gives you a lot a knitting time. The problem is I should have been resting and sleeping, oh well... *smile* I finished my artful poncho and I would have pictures to post but the neck kinda stretched out while I was wearing it so I want to go back and pick up some stitches around the neck and maybe do some decreases to tighten it up and make it look a little nicer before I post the finished results here, so check back in a few days.

I've also joined the Karalund knit along, now I'm just waiting for my pattern to arrive. I ordered it Sept. 21st and I'm still waiting! I'm planning on using some Classic Elite Tweed '03 because Noro just isn't in my yarn budget. I order the yarn from Elann and (as usual) it came within hours... ok, it may have been two days but still it was really fast! Now I just need the pattern dang it! *smile*

I also received "Scarf style" by Pam Allen this past week. I LOVE this book! It has some really nice unusual scarf patterns. I started the pattern for ruffles over the weekend. It's a really pretty femine scarf. I'll post some pictures of my progress tomorrow if I remember to bring my camera home tonight.

A friend of mine has also signed us up to sell some of our stuff at the Temple City Unified School District 50th Anniversary Community Festival (Wow! That's a mouthful *smile*). I've been making yarn, dyeing yarn and making beaded stitch markers to sell. I'll have pictures of all of those later as well. She's making scarfs to sell and I might make a few as well. It should be fun, I'm really looking forward to it. I've sold some of my yarn on eBay but I've never done it "up close and personal" so to speak. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: