Just an update on life in general. My BF and I are still fighting his insurance company because of the accident he had a few weeks ago. If you are reading this and believe in God, please say a prayer for him. He is getting letters from lawyers now and we really don't know what to do. He has called the insurance commissioner and they say that he has a valid claim so now he just needs to send in the forms and hope (and pray) they rule in his favor. But in the meantime all the other stuff is going on as if he has no insurance coverage. I feel like I have a constant upset stomach over this...
I did get some good news today, a spot open up for me in the Fiber Random Act of Kindness knitting ring. I'm very happy about this. I think it's a great idea and hey, I could use a nice e-card or two right now *smile*
I've been doing a lot of knitting getting ready for the holidays. I've almost finished Clapotis and I've received yarn to make a few more. I'm planning on making my mother the candle flame shawl for her gift and I've also made myself a derby poncho. I have some Patons classic yarn that I'm going to use to make myself another one of these. It's super nice and the pattern is super easy. Kinda makes my days a little brighter. I want to start helping BF with some of the bills he is getting from the whole car thing so no more new yarn for me :( Oh, well, I have enough to last for a while anyway.
I've still been reluctant to touch Klara since I washed her a little while ago. I think after I finish my first Clapotis I will have enough nerve to try to finish her and match the sleeves to the body. I may or may not make another one of these. If I do, I would love to use Noro. I finally got to touch some of this beautiful yarn at my LYS last week. So nice! But so expensive :( I just can't afford such extravagance right now. I did pick up a bunch of Patons classic wool while joann.com was having their yarn sale however. I logged on one day when they were having free shipping. I got 10 skeins for less than $40. Pretty good I think.
Well, I'm off now. We are having a halloween party at my job on Friday and we are supposed to bring something that is black, orange or green. I'm thinking of making a sweet potato pie because I just don't really care for pumpkin. And hey, they are both orange :)
2 comments:
Honestly... I think Klara is gonna look just fine. I'd wash the other sleeve like you did the rest of the sweater tho - so it all looks the same.
Delighted to have another spinner in the RAOK list! Glad you are here. :)
Anne
(http://beavercreekfarm.typepad.com)
Welcome to RAOK...hope you had some good luck with the insurance company. The candle flame shawl is a lovely pattern. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Post a Comment