Monday, October 11, 2004

Weekend Knitting progress


Well I made a lot of progress on Klaralund over the weekend. Here is a picture of the finished back. I love the way that the Classic Elite Tweed is knitting up. It's very soft and no VM at all to deal with. The width of the yarn is also very consistent. I also love the colors. I ordered more of this yarn so that I can try my hand at dyeing it some "Noro" colors. I got a great tip on how to dye stripes in the Yahoo dye group.

Here is my progress on the front so far. Like I mentioned before this is a really fast knit. I've seen many of these sweaters finished in the Noro yarn and they are so beautiful. I'm interested to see if my low cost version compares. I know it won't be as colorful, but I think it will still turn out nice. Stay tuned!

I also crocheted a couple of scarfs for the craft sale I will be doing this weekend. It should be fun. I'm going to have to convince my mother to watch my little monster so that she will still be able to go to her T-Ball practice Saturday morning. I also tried my hand at making some stitch markers. I made a bunch with beads and some with scrabble tiles that I had saw for sale somewhere (can't remember where, sorry!). I think they came out pretty good. I might try to sell some of those this weekend as well. I'll put up some pictures later but I didn't bring any of them with me to work today, and since I can never remember to take my darn camera home it will have wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

your klara looks great! can't wait to see it knit up in a nonnoro fiber. i think its going to look lovely. i've been thinking of knitting another version too.
froggyknits.com