Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Klaralund update


Well my pattern finally arrived for Klaralund. Apparantly The Knitting Garden was having a problem with their server so it took a while for my order to go through. They have great customer service though, so I didn't mind. Thanks Elizabeth! This is a really quick knit. I swatched at the right gauge on #8's with my Denise needles and then dove right in. This is the result of about 2 1/2 hours of knitting last night (after ripping once because I didn't like my color placement). I'm using the Classic Elite Tweed '03 for the grey and the light brown, the dark brown is some of my own hand-dyed, hand-spun from this post.

Here is a close-up of the colors. I really like how they blend together here. I'm going to knit the rest of the body in the light camel color. For the sleeves I'm going to add a detail simular to this on the cuffs and then knit the rest in the same camel color.

I plan to post some more pictures later this week but I keep forgetting to take my camera home. The one's above it took right on my dirty desk *smile* It's hard to keep this page updated with so much going on in my "real" life :) LOL!

No comments: