Friday, October 15, 2004

Pre-birthday rant

My boss made me so mad today. My birthday is next Wednesday (I will be 29 years young *smile*), and I had asked for a half day off because my mother and my sister wanted to take me on a girls day out to the movies lunch and the spa. Well, there are only 4 people in my dept. My boss will be on vacation all next week, another girl is on jury duty and I wanted a half day off. My boss felt that the in the 4 hours that the last person would be here alone, the building might burn to the ground or something. I don't know how my co-worker is expected to stop that from happening, but anyhoo she didn't want her to be left here alone. Boy was I PO'd.

Thankfully, a girl in another department said she would stand back up in case anything happened while I was gone. Plus, I'm still going to be in the area and they have my cell phone number. So now I am allowed to take my day off. I know some of you may want to slap me for saying this (I'm the youngest at my job so I'm already getting a lot of that here for what I'm about to say), but I feel like I'm getting so olddddd! I can hardly believe I'm going to be 29!

Plus, my doctor just diagnosed the pain that I have been having in my back and right leg as sciatica. I think that is proof positive that I am getting old. I still look like I'm about 18 years old, but my body knows the truth *smile* Hopefully my day out on the town will bring back some of that youthful feeling I miss.

Now on to some actual knitting news...

I made some progress on Klara over the last few days. I don't have pictures of the completed front and back to show today because I didn't bring the pieces with me to work today. When I finish this sleeve I think I will take another picture then showing a little preview of how this sweater will look finished.

I'm pretty excited about how this sweater will turn out. It's my first large project and I think this was an excellent choice for my first sweater project. I'm thinking of ordering some Kureyon to make another but I'm still just not to sure about the whole horizontal stripes thing. Everyone's looks great, but still...

Ok, my boss is giving me dirty looks from her office so I will sign off now. I think she has snwp (someone's not working perception), LOL!

No comments: