Ok, not really but I have been grabbed for jury duty. So, no posts lately. I do however have a bunch of pictures and stories to tell. Last weekend my co-worker, my mother, my co-workers daughter and I went on a mini yarn road trip. We drove up to Solvang to visit Village Weaving and spinning. I bought a new niddy-noddy, a pound of punta fleece, some addi turbos and a new bobbin for my Louet. My co-worker just about cleaned them out of every 47" addi that they had. Seriously, she bought like 10 circular needles! LOL! My mom is not "into" yarn so she sat outside while we ooh and awwed inside, but I think she still had fun on the trip up. We also stopped in Camarillo on the way and I got a new Coach bag at the outlet. I love Coach bags, they last forever and ever.
On the way back we stopped in Santa Barbara at BB Knits. It was the cutest little shop I have ever been to in my life. The ladies were all very nice and they had a really great selection of yarn. Best thing of all, they had a 50% off section with yarns such at Debbie Bliss and Noro in it. WOW! You never see anything like that in a shop in the LA area. If they have a clearance section, it's either crap, not 50% off or if it's good and cheap they only have one ball of each color. LOL!
After we hit up the second yarn store we stopped (again) in Camarillo at a BBQ restaurant called Bandits. This place was really good and unique. One of those places were you crack your peanut shells right there on the floor. They also had salt, pepper and a great big bottle on BBQ sauce on the table when you sit down. I thought that was cool. We had a great time. I took a ton of pictures but they are all on my computer at work, where I have not been because I have been on jury duty. What fun. . .
I should be able to post some pictures of my haul and my adventures on Monday. Cuz you know aside from what I bought in Solvang I had to buy more when we got to BB Knits in Santa Barbara. And for those of you who are thinking, "Wait, didn't this chick give up yarn for Lent?" Well, yes, I did. But God and I made an agreement that I could buy yarn on this one day cuz the trip was already planned when I decided I was going to stop buying yarn for lent, so it's ok, I'm not going to hell yet *smile*
My DD has also decided that me and the BF should get married. She announced to all within earshot last night that she would be so happy when he and I had a wedding and she could wear a pretty dress. I tell ya, I couldn't add more pressure if I tried. Funniest thing about it is I didn't even put her up to it. What are they teaching these kids in school, haha! I told her while she was at she should get me a nice ring in the bargain *smile*
Ok, I'm outta here now, cuz I have to be back in court in the morning and I feel like I'm getting a cold. Thanks to my sister and her snot infested child who I was gracious enough to baby sit after I got back from my road trip because my sister was just so worn out from having to watch her kid and my kid for one damn day while I was gone. I swear that girl needs to be killed. But then she would probably leave me her child in her will and that kid screams entirely too much so... never mind *smile*
Hasta la pasta!
2 comments:
Aw...they got you on lockdown, girl? That sucks...I hope the case is interesting at least. Can you knit in the jury box? ; )
OOoooOoOoOOoo, do I detect some hostility toward your sister? HmmMmMmMmmMMm...
Get some Airborne for that cold and we'll see you soon!
blech, i was called for jury duty twice this year (due to a mix up of my address), i ended up not having to serve, but it was a hassle anyway.
damn, you're making me crave bbq, and i can never get really good bbq out here in CA. Gotta run out to Houston or something. or i'll make my texan make me some bbq.. hmm....
wow pressure to get married from your daughter? cute/funny. pressure for me to get married by my mother? ick.
Post a Comment