Ok, I kinda feel bad for switching to yarn now, but this is a knitting blog and I think God understands *smile*

Today I spent the morning knitting and drinking my yummy new Numi flowering tea. This one is called Flower Jewel. It's a very light white tea and it is just delicious. The tea comes as a little ball of leaves and as it brews it opens up to reveal a tea "flower". Too cool.

Mine doesn't look as pretty as the one on the box when it opens up but it's still pretty cool. I also LOVE my tea brewer from Adagio teas. This little gadget has really made my tea drinking life much more pleasant. I know of at least 3 other people who have ordered one of these just based on my rave reviews *smile* I have to say however that I am not yet a big fan of Adagio's teas. They are a little too strong for me. I've tried the green tea sampler (which came with my brewer) but I still prefer either my Numi teas or Mighty Leaf teas (green tea tropical is my personal favorite).

I would also like to send a big thank you to Jody for the Noro Silk Garden scarf that you can see growing in the backdrop of my tea picture. I won her "guess how much yarn is in my stash contest" a while back and she sent me 3 balls of Noro in color #74 as the prize. I have never knit with Noro before and I always wondered why people made such a big fuss out of this yarn and how they could stand to spend so much on it. Now I know! *smile* I wish I could afford to buy more, this stuff is just lucious. And it knits up so fast! I'm sure many of you out there already know this because you have already experienced the Noro high, but I'm a virgin, so bear with me, LOL!

What is this you ask? Why this is the color of Baby Cashmere yarn that I bought on Elann with the gift certificate I got from my secret pal. Thanks pal! I thought now would be a good time to try out some lace knitting. So....

I also bought the pattern for this leaf lace shawl. It's so pretty! I'm not a shawl person and I don't know when I will ever wear this but I just had to give it a go. Plus that Pewter yarn was just begging me to buy it... and I had a gift certificate... I was powerless to stop myself! I just hope the pattern is not too difficult for me to follow, I have never knit lace before.
Sideways spencer is still in the work but has been put on the back burner a bit while I play with my new Noro. I'm feeling all bloaty and fat today anyway and everytime I look at that little sweater ( I haven't added the extra ribbing to the bottom yet) I just feel even fatter. So it's probably a good idea that I have something else to work on. I've also been able to breathe today, which is a good thing. The only problem is that for every other breath I take, I push it out with a horrible barking cough. Ugh! Can't win for lose.
I'd like to wish you all a happy easter now because you won't be hearing from me again until next week. I have many family fun easter activities planned this weekend, not the least of which is going to church with the BF (I'm so glad he's going!) and so I won't be around to blog.
Hasta la pasta!
2 comments:
Hopefully I'll catch you before you get started with all your Easter activites!
I hope you, DD and BF have a wonderful weekend!
I think Good Friday is a thing to be thankful for, more than happy or sad about. I'm sure God doesn't mind you switching to yarn talk...look at it this way, I think when we have something that makes us happy and we spread that happiness to others, and it compounds, that's a blessing in and of itself.
Have a wonderful Happy Easter!
That tea kinda freaks me out with that stuff in it.... i don't think i would be able to drink it...LOL i'm weird like that though..
anyways i think it's called Good friday b/c we know the outcome!!!
i hope your activites are super fun!
Post a Comment