
Well I did some spinning and dyeing over the weekend and here are some of the results of my efforts. This is the roving I dyed with cake dyes last week all pre-drafted and ready to be spun up.

Here is a picture of it on the bobbin...

And here is the finished skein. Isn't it purty! It came out to about 320 yards in worsted weight. I'm so in love with the colors but I have no clue what I will do with this. I'm thinking of selling my yarn at the rose bowl or something like that so maybe this one will go up for sale.
Here is a close up, can you tell I'm in love with my new yarn? Ok, now on to something else.

I tried my hand at dyeing some pencil roving and here are the not so stellar results. It's not actually as royal blue and pink as it appears here but this is the best I could get the colors to come out. It's more of a dark blue and magenta. Not the greatest looking right now, but I think it might be nice spun up. I will keep you posted.

Last picture (for today). Here is my progress on Sideways Spencer. This is a really fast knit so far. I've completed the left front and the left sleeve. I'm almost done with the back and will soon be casting on for the right front. I expect that to be a little tricky since I modified the pattern and I will have to try to keep everything lined up, but I'm doing ok so far so wish me luck!
6 comments:
OooOoOOooo...I love the sideways Spencer. De-loverly! Don't you just love how useful binder clips are?
Your spinning projects look fabby...as always...keep up the beautiful work!
i love looking at your blog! it always has soooo many beautiful colors for your spining! i love it! i can't wait to see what you spin out of what you just dyed!
happy knitting
if i knew wher eyou lived you would be in trouble ..i have a feeling i would steal that pink and green yarn.. fabulous!
The Spencer is looking sharp. With Bonne's modifications, I may try this one in the fall. I love your green dye job. They put me in the mood to start some dye projects later this spring.
Tanya
Hi Stacey, thanks for the tea advice--I'll have to try those others. Your newly spun yarn looks beautiful!
Heidi
http://absintheknits.typepad.com/absinthe_knits/
I think your pencil roving will spin up nice; I like the colors! Your cake dye yarn is beautiful! Sympathy with the allergies; I'm wrecked with them now as well! I don't know much about knitting but the sideways Spencer looks awesome!
Post a Comment