Hay fever that is. My head feels like it is about twice it's normal size, my eyes are burning, I'm all snotty and I have a monster headache from hell. Other than that I'm doing fine, thank you *smile* And to top it all off DD is suffering from the same symptoms. I called to make a doctors appt. today because I hear allergy season is going to be a butt kicker in CA this year, but the soonest appointment I could get is for next Wednesday (March 16th) Bummer :( The pollen levels in Pasadena today, and for the next few days is really high. So there is no end to my suffering in sight. And to add insult to injury, aunt flo decided today was as good a day as any to visit, 4 days early! Ugh!
Ok, enough bitching (wait, did I say that, there is actually no such thing). I haven't done any knitting, spinning, crocheting or anything productive at all. I did however take some of my money that uncle sam gave back to me (disguised as a tax return) to buy myself a silver iPod mini. I'm already totally in love. I listen to a ton of audio books (from audible.com) so I'm tickled pink that I can get so many books on this thing at the same time. I also put a few songs on there for good measure *smile* Right now I'm listening to Robert Jordan's "The Eye of the World" . I'm a fan of Jordan's fantasy and I'm really diggin on this one, but I have to agree with some of the reviewers who said there was a lot a similarity to the LOTR trilogy. That does not diminish my enjoyment of this book at all however.
I've also decided that I MUST HAVE a Lady Eleanor entrelec stole from "Scarf Style". Nevermind that I do not know how to do entrelec, never mind that I do not have any money, nor any yarn for this patter, and nevermind that I have a million other projects that I swore I was going to start this week. I... must... have... this... stole! and that's pretty much all there is to it. I plan to dye some bluefaced leicester tonight in some colors similar to those in the pattern. I think it's gorgeous. I figured out that this pattern requires about 30 oz. of yarn and I have 3 lbs. of leicester at home so I'm all set. Wish me luch with the dyeing, I haven't really been getting predictable results lately. If I dye tonight, then I can start spinning tomorrow or the day after and be ready to start knitting in about a week. I can't wait!
Ok, I'm off now. Going in search of over the counter drugs to combat the hay fever demons. I've been giving the DD children's claritin but I haven't really noticed and improvement in her either. Looks like I've got another doctor's appointment to make...
3 comments:
Good luck with the dyeing! Sounds like a great project. And I feel for ya with the allergies; in about a month I'll be right there with you. Pollen coming up from the south, misery!
Maybe that's why my nose is acting up.
Hmmm...I don't know if this will help, but I heard a method of dealing with allergies. If you can find a local bee keeper [right, in LA!?!?...actually it may be easier in Pasadena], get some of the bee's wax. Chewing of said wax may help your body adjust to the increased pollen in the air. I haven't tried it, but since I saw it on the TV, it must be true. ;)
Can't wait to see the new stuff!!!
Hope you're back to your old knitting, spinning self soon!!
Post a Comment