
Well I had an eventful weekend. My DD turned five last week and her party was held this past Saturday at the local bowling alley. It was a blast. The kids had a ball and it was too cute watching them try to bowl.

Here is the birthday girl doing her signature toss and push. Would you believe that she actually got a strike doing this? It was the funniest thing because the ball was barely rolling by the time it made it to the pins, but it must have hit them just right because they all went down... in slow motion, LOL!

Here she is modeling some of her gifts...

I just love the face she is making in this one, too funny

And here is a picture of the f***ed up cake that I ordered from Vons. It tasted really good, but, well... look at it. Need I say more? When I ordered the cake I told the girl that it was going to be a bowling party and could they decorate the cake with something bowling realated. Ok, fine, all set. This was a week before the party. Then on Saturday morning at 10am (1 1/2 hour before the damn party) they call to tell me that they do not have a bowling kit and they don't know why the girl who took the order told me that they could do a bowling cake since there was no way they could do this but they would do what they could. This is, apparantly, the best they could do. Oh well, at least the kids didn't seem to mind.

I also got some knitting done. Rose garden is almost done. Here is the DD modeling her. Purty, purty.

Here is a picture from the back...

And a close-up on the garter stitch collar. I'm actully more done than this now. I just need to finish up the bottom of that last sleeve and sew in a zipper and we are done! Problem is, I have never installed a zipper before, this will be an adventure (or at least that's what I keep telling myself, LOL).

I'm posting this one just because I thought it was funny. I don't know who she thought she was posing as, but here is one of my initial attempts at getting a good shot of the sweater on her, LOL!
4 comments:
Christina is adorable!
What a bummer about the cake - I can't believe they'd do such a thing to a little girl!
fool-io's at Vons! GRRRRR!!!!!
sigh...DD is to cute! Aw, and her name is Christina, jes like me! What a great name!!! ; )
[Aw, I want a bunk bed!]
The Rose Garden sweater looks great! Once you're done, you should take her over to the Huntington and get pictures of the Rose Garden in the Rose Garden!
that stinks about the cake! i sure hope they gave you a discount for messing it up! but like you said the kiddos didn't mind
the party looks like tons of fun!
i love the pix of your sweater you're almost done with! very nice your DD cracked me up i love it!
well happy knitting
Great birthday party pictures . . . it looks like everyone had fun, and that's what matters! And at least the cake tasted good!
Post a Comment