Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I've been tagged...

Twice! LOL!

I plan to post again later today with pictures and stuff but I wanted to do a seperate post with my tags first. I would also like to announce that I have battled the cold monster and I have won! I'm not all the way better, but I'm pretty sure I won't actually die. Being on jury duty and sick, sucks rocks! I wasn't the only on sick either, a couple of the other jurors had the sniffles and the prosecuting attorney was also sick. In the end, the guy ended up taking a plea and we were all free to go... after 3 DAYS of sitting around in a courthouse. Bleh! I read two entire books during my time on jury duty, Constantine and something by James Patterson that I borrowed from my mom that I don't remember the name of. It had kids who were born with wings because of some weird genetic testing in it, if anyone can tell me the name I would love you forever cuz it's killing me not being able to remember.

Ok, on with the tags! I was first tagged by Lu with this questionaire....

1. What is your ideal way to spend a snowy (or rainy, if you don't get snow) day? If it were up to me I would spend it with the heater cranked up so I could open the window and listen to the rain while I sat with my honey and watched a movie on the tube *smile*

2. How do you ACTUALLY spend your snowy rainy days? Trying to stay dry, dreading driving home in the dark and the rain and trying to keep the little monster from jumping in every puddle she sees.

3. What do you wear on your feet around the house on a snowy rainy day? Homemade socks? Slippers? I never wear socks or shoes or anything else in the house. If I could get away with it, I would walk around barefoot all day, lol.

4. What do you eat/snack on on a snowy rainy day? This is something I never really considered. Rainy days always make me crave soup, but I don't always actually eat it.

5. Do you like snowy days? Or hate them? I have to agree with Lu on her answer for this one, there is no such thing as snow in California, at least not in southern California. People are amazed right now becuase it's March and it has the nerve to actually rain! LOL! I think we even had some hail last week, that's extreme weather for the Los Angeles area.

6. Who are you going to send this to? I have decided that all lists end with me, LOL.

Next I was tagged by amethyst muse...


1. Do you knit continental or English? Since I learned to crochet long before I ever learned to knit, I am a continental knitter. It's just more comfortable for me.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? I truly learned to knit about 2 years ago. I had been trying to learn for a long while but everyone kept trying to teach me to hold my needles in the English style and this just didn't work for me.

3. First FO? Hmm... I guess it would be a simple garter stitch scarf from the Stitch n' Bitch book.

4. Favorite yarn? Right now I'm really diggin on the Misti Alpaca, Rowan Tweed and pretty much anything else that's soft and tweedy. I'm feeling really tweedy lately *smile*

5. Favorite pattern? At the moment that would be Rogue, even though I haven't actually started it. I made myself swear that I would not start anything new until I finished DD cardigan and I'm done now, so I am allowed to start!

6. Favorite pattern source? I love free patterns! Yay! I also love almost every Jaeger pattern, most Debbie Bliss (which is not hard because they almost all look the same) and I love the Knitting Pure and Simple patterns for their, well... simplicity.

7. Favorite needles? Denises (because they are so flexible with all those cords), bamboo (because the friction helps a loose knitter like me get gauge with slippery yarn) and I'm learning to love Inox and Addi needles (because they are so comfortable to hold).

8. What is the nicest thing you’ve ever knit? Clapotis (which by the way was a free pattern *smile*)

9. Most hated project? I don't know the exact name but that boyfriend stripped sweater from the first Stitch n' Bitch book. The pattern was difficult for me to follow as a new knitter and I never finished the damn thing!

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? The buck stops here!

No comments: