Friday, July 08, 2005

Picture Heavy Friday!


Well, I don't actually have many pictures to post of knitting or spinning today because I haven't actually been doing much of any of that this past week. Like I mentioned before it has been a pretty rough week for me but things are starting to look up. I am happy to report that I was able to buy a copy of Phildar #391! I was hooked up with the most amazing seller on eBay, her name is Megan and if you need any old pattern books I reccomend you take a look at what she has to offer. She is an excellet seller! I'm so pleased. I'd also like to send a big thank you out to everyone who helped in my search, you have made this knitters (current) knitting dream come true *smile* I'd especially like to thank Carla who was a super big humongo help. I don't know if you have a blog Carla so let me know if you do so I can spread it around the internet *smile*

I also need to send a big thank you to my secret pal. I got my package last week, but I was just too bummed out by life in general to blog about it. She sent me the most thoughtful package. I've got four skiens of sock yarn from knit picks, a book that teaches all about how to knit socks and (of course) some goodies to eat. Which I promptly ate. Thanks pal! This was right on time, now I have no reason to procrasinate on the "learn to knit socks" plan anymore. I better get started *smile*


The BF and I also attened a wedding this past Saturday of a friend of mine from work. It was so nice. I can only dream that one day I'll have the same joy she had on this day. Everything was perfect. The weather was nice, the ceremony was beautiful and the kids weren't to rowdy (including my own!) Her new husband is Chinese so they had a tea ceremony before dinner. I had never seen this before even though my own great-grand mother is Chinese. It was nice to see how another culture celebrates marriage. Her mom also made a slide show of their lives up until they met and their lives together since they have known each other. It was really lovely.




My own family recently had a get together and while I was not able to be there many, many pictures were taken. I've decided that since it's picture heavy Friday and I don't have any knitting related pictures, you all get to see pictures of my beautiful family *smile* My family is from the south and I am the second generation to be born here in California. My great-grandmother is Chinese and my great-grand father was creole. Since then we have mixed in all other colors and races so we are truely a rainbow coillition, LOL! Enjoy!



Have a great weekend everyone! I'm going to the Disney company picnic with the BF tomorrow so we are sure to have fun *smile*

1 comment:

Leslie Shelor said...

How lovely to see the family! Such beautiful faces and so good to have the family together. Hope you get to be there next time! Are most of you in the California area?