I know you've probably seen this on blogs of other people who live in the LA area but when it's this hot you just have to talk about it. It's now 11:43 am and it is 96 degrees. When I came in to work this morning at 8:30 am it was already 82 degrees. My balls are sweating and I didn't even know I HAD balls! LOL! To make matters worse they are doing construction near my building so there is also this big cloud of dust that hangs over us all day. Ugh! I think I'm going to melt.
Yesterday it was so hot that the fire alarm went off in our building. There is a chemistry lab in the basement of our building and apparently the heat from outside made the inside temp of building rise which set off the alarm. What was really funny about that though, was that as we were leaving to go outside my co-worker and I both looked at each other while grabbing our purses and then turned and immediately grabbed our yarn bags. Heaven forbid the building should burn down with our knitting projects inside! LOL!
I'm making good progress on my Phildar sweater but I keep forgetting to take pictures. I'm almost done with the second sleeve and then I think will start the back. It's knitting up really quickly. I didn't get any knitting done last night however cuz me and the BF went out on a date! Woot! Usually we are at the house watching movies because I don't really like farming my child out to relatives so that I can go out but, now that she's older and easier to handle I think it's time me and the BF had some adult time.
It was really fun, especially since he decided on everything we were going to do and he drove! Usually he's telling me to just choose whatever I want to do and that's fine with him, but I wanted to be treated last night and since he totaled his car he doesn't like to drive a lot so I'm usually driving. We ended up going to dinner at Stevie's Creole Cafe. The food was really good, even if the greens left a little to be desired. After that we went to a pool hall and I lost several games in a very embarrassing fashion. LOL! But I still had a ball, it was almost like when we first started dating.
Well, I'm off to brave the hellacious heat in search of food. Pray for me, I might melt on the way there...
1 comment:
I hear you about the heat. I was trying not to complain about it, but it's stifling my style! Cute that you and BF got to have some couple time.
Don't melt...geez, is it only July?
Post a Comment