Friday, July 15, 2005

It's Friday, so you know what that means...

I'm going to post a lot of pictures!


It's here! It's here! I got my Phildar cataloge yesterday in the mail from the lovely Megan and immediatly cast on for the first sleeve last night. I'm making the largest size because my bust is 43" and the pattern says the largest size if for a 45" - 47" (I think) and I want to be able to wear a shirt underneath this. The next size down is a 40" - 43" or something like that. I don't have the pattern in front of me right now so I'm doing my best to remember sizes. Do you think that's too big? I can't tell from the schematics if any ease is build into the Philar patterns, if anyone out there knows anything about the sizing please let me know before I get too far along in my knitting this weekend. That would so suck to have to rip back a whole sleeve and start over :(

You can see a picture of Alison wearing the same sweater that she made on her blog. Hers doesn't look as big as mine does right now, maybe I should go a size down :-

I am actually a little worried about the sleeves though. Look how huge they are. I like a roomy sleeve but this might be a bit much. It's pretty much a straight sleeve so as you make your way up...


The size seems about perfect for if you're wearing something underneath this sweater. I'm just really starting to get a little nervous about the size. I don't want to make it so small that the only think I can wear under it is a tank, but I also don't want to look like I borrowed my BF's sweater, you know?


Here's a close up of the yarn. Isn't it yummy? I love the colors. I'm using Rowan Felted Tweed in phantom. Yum *smile*


I've also made some pretty good progress on the monster's crumpets. I only have about 4" to go on the skirt since I decided to make it a tunic instead of a dress and I've already threaded in the ribbon at the waist. So once I'm done knitting the skirt all I'll need to do is weave in ends and knit the straps.


I also started spinning up the new roving I got from Kim a few weeks ago. It's so pretty. I love her stuff. I'm telling you, if you haven't tried it you should at least order a few ounces and try it at least once. This stuff is part butter I'm sure.


Here it is next to the purple roving I had gotten from Kim before. I'm planning on using all of these to make a Charlotte's Web shawl. What do you think, are the colors too similar. I'll try to take a picture with the other rovings that I have to give you a better idea of what I'm going for but I think this will turn out nice. If not, I'm sure I can sell it or find something else to do with it.


I'll leave you this week with a picture of my newest strange creature. I don't really know what this guy is supposed to be, but he's cute and he makes me smile so that's good enough for me. My mom found this guy at my grandmothers house and I stole him from her *smile* Hey, possession is 9/10ths and all that, haha!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Yep, I was right...it does mean we're getting picts! I'm so glad that you got your dream mag! That sleeve looks really big. That's my eye ball's opinion and has no basis in any other reality. I think since the front is so open, you might want to go down a size. The spinning is looking so great...as is crumpets!

Anonymous said...

Stacey, your spinning has inspired me to try singles. You do a lovely job!

I agree.....I would be concerned at how big that sleeve is looking too.