Thursday, July 14, 2005

))<>((

Last night the BF and I went to see "Me You and Everyone You Know". This was a great movie. It's hilarious and touching and just a real treat. There is one scene where a little 7-year old boy has an internet conversation with a 40-year old woman (unbeknownst to her) about pooping back and forth. Forever. I know, I know, sounds gross but the director, Miranda July pulls it off with such comedy that I, and everyone else in the theater, couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 - 10 minutes. This was by far the best film I've seen this year, and with a BF that writes movies I can tell ya I've seen a lot *smile*

There were many other touching and funny scenes in this movie (such as a 9-year old with a hope chest full of appliances) but I don't want to ruin it for you. The film for me was really about taking the punches as they come and rolling with them. Things are happening to these characters that are not happy events, but they don't wallow in their pain. They take it for what it is and move on. It's also about the healing nature of love. With all that has been going on in my life lately it was really nice for me to see people react to bad situations with such grace. I only wish I could face life with such aplomb. I want you to go see it! You won't regret it.

I also plan to go see Murderball and March of the Penguins soon. I'll let you know what I think *smile*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip, stacy...haven't heard of that one!