
Hello all, Quick post today because I am on my way out the door to make it to my daughter's SECOND pre-school graduation. When we changed schools a year ago, to the pre-school where she is now, they graduated. Now that she will actually be starting "big kid's school" as she calls it, we are graduating again. Who knew you could even graduate from pre-school once!? Oh well, at least I get more cute pictures like this one. *smile*

I did some dyeing over the weekend with Wilton cake dyes. I love how vivid the colors come out with this stuff. This is all blue face leicester. I'm planning to spin this up into a sock yarn. And yes, I know I don't know how to knit socks and I also realize that I harbor extreme hatred towards DPN's but I will work something out...

Here is a close up of the orange/yellow/brown/ green colorway. I really love these.

Here is the blue/green/brown/violet. What's interesting is that the violet was supposed to be black. I don't know why the color split like that. I put salt in and everything. At least it still looks pretty...

And here it is getting started on the wheel. This is the first time I have spun thread weight, LOL! I want to navojo ply this so I'm spinning it pretty thin to make sure that it doesn't get to thick as a three ply. I can see already that is is going to take for-freaking-ever so pray for me! Ok, I'm out the door. Oh yeah, as a P.S. I was able to find someone to gift my yarn too so I'm pretty happy about that. I feel like a did a good deed *smile*
6 comments:
What a proud young lady! I'm sure Mom's proud, too!
The colors are wonderful in the roving; the yarn looks like its going to be wonderful! I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out!
Yeah! Graduation! Have a great celebration!
I was reading somewhere that there is a technique of knitting sox with 2 circular needles. If you hate DPN's you should look into it. If I come across the info, I'll e-mail it to you!
your daughter is too cute!!!!!
Congratulations..time for a big celebration.
I love the colors of the roving. Beautifull!!!
Congrats to the little graduate! She's so cute@
Your daughter looks so cute in her graduation gown! Lovely yarn too!How long have you been spinning?
celia
Post a Comment