
Thank you for joining me once again for this weeks installment of "Picture Heavy Friday"! I'll start this week by posting the picture of a pattern from the current Phildar Famile. I have 10 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed in Phantom and I want to make something like this, a deep v-neck sweater. Unfortunately, I can read French. Does anyone have any idea of a pattern like this using a DK weight yarn in a pattern book in English? I would really, really appreciate any suggestions. Even if the neck isn't this deep, I'm interested in any patterns with a v-neck that doesn't look like it's chocking you.

Last saturday I started working on Crumpets for my daughter using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Pink-a-Boo Pink. This is the fourth time I have tried this pattern and the third yarn choice. I think we have a winner. It's a quick and easy knit and I think I might be able to finish it by next week. I plan to make it tunic lenght so that she can wear it with jeans and shorts, I think she's a little old and a little big for this type of dress, but it should make a really nice top.

Here is a close-up of the cable stitches on the bodice. This is a really interesting and smart pattern. If you have a little princess in your life I reccomend this project for her.

While at my local Trader Joe's yesterday I spied these gardening baskets and thought they would be the perfect thing for spinning. They have small ($7.99), medium ($10.99) and large ($13.99). The small and the large have a drawstring bag lining that is pretty nice. I picked up a large and medium to take home and play with *smile*.

Here's my large basket at home full of fiber that I'm currently spinning. I tend to switch from project to project before I spin a complete lot of fiber so I like to keep it all next to the wheel so I can keep track of what I was working on when startitis kicked in and made me change the bobbin. LOL!

I'm using the medium basket for completed skiens that still have brothers and sister waiting to be spun up from the other basket. Works out pretty well and it looks nice too!

So I also spun up some of the roving from last week. This is about 270 yards of light worsted weight singles. I think I have enough fiber for about another 200 yards so I should end up somewhere around 500 total. I LOVE the colors. I was thinking of using this to make a pinwheel blanket, or maybe a one skien wonder. I really don't know. Any suggestions?

Here is a close up of the yarn. Yummy! Funniest thing, I stayed home sick on Wednesday and caught part of Mr. Roger's neighborhood. Would you believe he had a whole segment on home sheep are sheared and their fleece is turned into yarn on a spinning wheel. I became a fan all over again *smile*

I also finished spinning up the angora/merino/silk roving that I got from Kim. This is so pretty! It's about a lace weight single, 214 yards. I'm thinking of ordering some other colors from Kim and putting it with some merino/tencel and alpaca roving I have at home to make a charlotte's web. Personalized colors. I'll have to post next week with pictures of all the colors I'm thinking of using but I think it should work up nicely. This roving was really nice to work with, even with the neps. I almost wish I could persuade Kim to over card some more roving. It has a gorgeous tweedy look to it and it is soooo soft! I wish I had been able to get more of this before it was all gone :(

Here is the requisite close-up of the skien. Don't ya wish you could reach through your monitor and fondle this? I know you do *smile*
The BF and I also went to see Batman last week. I LOVED it, even if Katie Holmes was in it. Rumor is, she won't be in the next one. The theme of the movie was really dark, but it was very well done. This is not one to take the kiddie to, but I thought it was great for an adult night out. I'm hoping to go see Bewitched this Sunday. Me and the monster watched the marathon they ran last saturday of the original episodes and now she's all eager to see the new movie. It looks like it should be funny and cute so I'm looking forward to seeing it.
We also caught Digable Planets in concert on Tuesday night at the house of blues in anaheim. It made me feel really old and young again at the same time. The BF and I were laughing because their were kids there who were under 21 and we were like, what do they know about Digable Planets! LOL! The concert was great though, they had some misses with one of the opening acts, but this other guy that was there was really good. His name is Martin Luther, I might just have to look up his CD.
Ok, I guess that is more than enough for one day, but actually it's a whole weeks worth of posting. I have a spinning class this weekend up at the Weaver's Cottage that I'm really looking forward to. I had to clear off some of my bobbins so I would have room, LOL! Pictures next week! *wink*
3 comments:
Can't wait to see the lovely yarn of yours all knitted up. So pretty! The crumpets shirt is a cue idea. I love those baskets, but they never have them at my TJ's. : (
Stacey.......you did a fantastic job with that angora blend! What a talented spinner you are.
How do you keep your singles from getting overtwisted?
Your new rovings will go in the mail today :-)
Lovely yarn! I can never resist baskets; they are everywhere in this house, filled with wool. And what could be prettier than a basket filled with hand spun yarn!
Post a Comment