
I should have posted a lot of these pictures last week so this will be a long picture heavy post as I do some catching up. My little one i snot officially graduated *smile* from pre-k to K, LOL! She was very proud. Here she is with the BF modeling her tre chic felt graduation cap. She looked down for every single picture I took of the two of them together, so this is the best I could do *smile*

As we were getting ready to leave the school we heard this loud BANG so everyone ran outside to see this. The beige car on the left had hit the PARKED big red truck on the right hard enough to push the truck up on the curb and knock the right front tire completely off her own car, axle and all.

Here is a close up where you can see her tire on the street in front of her car. She told the police that she had looked down for a piece of paper when... BAM! The car that she hit beloged to the grandfather of one of the kids in my daughters class. He had just bought the truck two weeks before. I know he could have just killed that woman!

We followed up grad night with a trip to the pool after church on Sunday. Here's a pic of my DD with my BF's son. They had a blast, and I even got in the water (with shorts and a tee shirt on, LOL!). It was a little chilly for the pool but not too cold. We will certainly be doing this again as the weather gets warmer.

Then... this past Saturday my DD had her last ballet class for the season and they put on a little recital. All of the kids were very cute and DD was (again) very proud of herself.

Here's a picture of her class along with the teacher. That woman was a trip, let me tell you. She reminds me of my BF's grandmother, whom I love but lets just say I would not like to be stuck in an elevator with her for any appreciable amount of time *smile*

I also dyed some roving that I think I may send out to my secret pal. I hope she does not read my blog. I've checked her's and it doesn't seem as if we have crossed paths before, so I think I'm pretty safe for the moment.

I also recieved this gorgeous merino and angora roving from Kim over at the Woolen Rabbit. Her fiber processor over-carded this which added a bunch of pills so she was selling it for $2 an ounce. How could I pass that up, right. Well, we were sending emails back and forth about the sale and I guess mine took a while to reach her and she sold out before I could let her know how much I wanted. Being the king, gentle, lovely woman that she is, Kim sent me about 3 or 4 ounces that she had left over for free! It is so soft and lovely, I will have to buy more. If you haven't before, you should check out what she has up for sale. She will be processing some fiber on her own now, so no more pills. I think this will make a nice novelty yarn though with the pills in...

Ok, last picture. I've been seeing so many beautiful greenery pictures on other bloggers pages so of course I have to post my own. This was given to me by the caretaker of one of our emeriti professors for a job well done. She is the sweetest lady and all the more sweet for this lovely gift.
3 comments:
Wow! You've been busy! Congrats again to DD for graduating and recitaling. How exciting for her...and for you! It's awesome that she's proud of herself - confidence building for our young people! YEA!
Congratulations on your DD's graduation! We attended my granddaughter's preschool graduation last night....too cute!
I am so happy to see that you are enjoying the rovings that I sent to you :-).
Lovely dye job on your rovings.....such pretty colors!
Great to see Kim's gorgeous colors way out here in California! I know you'll enjoy that beautiful roving, in spite of pills!
The DD looks grand and very proud; I know Mom is, too! Glad no one was hurt in yet another accident! Ya'll be careful!
Post a Comment