Friday, August 13, 2004

New blog spot

August 12, 2004

I have some new yarn to share. One or both of these will be up on eBay later. I can'

Purple Persuasion

This was made from some pretty awful mohair locks that I ordered through the internet from Paridisefibers.com. I should have known it would not be good quality because it was only $16 a pound, lol. I had at first given it up as a loss figuring I could spin it with some wool or silk, but last night I decided to try spinning it straight from the locks and then dying the yarn with kool-aid and this is what I got. Gorgeous!

Caramel Creme

This was spun up from a very cheap lot of wool I won on eBay. When it came it smelled so much like cigarette smoke I thought I would choke to death. After washing and spinning though I think it was a great find. I'm not sure if it's superwash or not though, so no clue on whether this one will felt :-\



No comments: