Well I am officially sans car as of today. I took the rental back last night and after I paid them a small forture for the "pleasure" of the use of their car they thanked me and told me not to worry about the 1 inch thick layer of cracker/cookie/cereal crumbs my daughter had left on their seats. They would take care of it all themself. All the while i'm thinking well shit for the money I just gave you, you guys could get the car detailed, painted and re-upholstered!
My dad says he has an old car in his yard that has been sitting for like ever because it didn't run well. So now he wants me to drive it while I look for a new car. I love the way men think, it didn't run well so he stopped driving it and bought a new car, but now it's in good enough shape for me and my 5 year old to cross the freeway in it daily *smile* Oh, well. I might just take him up on the offer so that I can take some time and really reasearch a new car. I hate being under pressure to buy a car NOW! I spent about 3 months visiting dealers and doing online research before I bought the car that was just totaled. I don't plan to take that long this time, but I would appreciate a weekend or two.
On the knitting front I have been plodding away at my mother's candle flame shawl. No way it will be anything like done by this weekend but it does have a good start. I'm almost done with the second ball of yarn so it's a pretty quick knit. I also got a copy of Special Knits to make something for my cousin who I just found out is having a baby (fingers crossed). She has had the longest journey to getting pregnant. When she was 23 doctors found a cyst on one of her oviaries that was too large to remove so they had to take the whole ovary. Then after she married and started trying to get pregnant, they found out that the tube leading from her remaining ovary was blocked. Well, two months ago she had surgery to unblock the tube and last month she got pregnant! Everyone please say a prayer for her that this pregnancy goes smoothly, she is the nicest person I have ever known and I know she will make a much better mom than me *smile*
Ok, well I guess I should actually get to work now, I've been here since about 7:15am because I had to get a ride from my mother but I refused to actually start working until my normal start time, LOL!
2 comments:
Yep, men are like that. Weird. Hope the thing runs and is safe! And I hope you find YOUR car soon.
Looking forward to pictures of the finished shawl; looks lovely!
Funny Daddy. I'm sure you'll find the perfect car soon. I'm still mad at your insurance company. You should talk to someone, it seems they should reimburse you something since they didn't inform you they stopped paying for it. Isn't that the point of insurance?
Post a Comment