Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I got a new car!


Ok, well I had typed up this whole big post about my new car and how happy I am and then this stupid BloggerBot logged off and I lost the whole thing! Ugh! Ok, well I still love my new car. Don't you just love my artsy fartsy picture? I'm learning some new stuff in photoshop cs and I am just having way too much fun *smile* I ended up getting a Toyota Matrix. I love Toyota and the Matrix just really seemed like the car for me so I brought one home. I'm so happy to finally have a car and have this whole thing (mostly) behind me. I just got the car Friday and I have already put a gazillion miles on it already. It's a fun car to drive.


I haven't been doing much knitting lately (too busy driving) but I thought I would still post some fiber pictures. I dyed some more merino in rose tones, and using photshop (he-he) I made this photo go from this...


to this! Way cool (yes, I'm a geek, you don't have to remind me).


I also have to share these picture with you all. I work at Caltech and today was Ditch Day where the seniors build these "stacks" that are like obstacle courses for the undergrads to go through in order to get a prize at the end. I went walking around campus today and got some pictures of the fun. I don't know what this is but it has a computer and smoke coming out of its mouth, LOL!


This is how the "re-decorated" one of the busts on campus...


And this "Iron Maiden" is made almost competely out of foil, haha! They come up with some pretty imaginative stuff. We even had students coming in to measure professors as part of their stack. It's always a lot of fun.

I'm planning on taking Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off this week so the BF and I can go see Star Wars III with our moms (see, I told you I was a geek). And yes, my boss knows that is where I will be. I'm actually taking vacation time to go see a movie, LOL! We even plan to stay up most of the night on Wednesday to re-watch the first to films and we'll probably spend part of the weekend following watching the original three films (I know, I know, geek alert!).

Friday, my mother and I are going to take my daughter up to the San Diego Wild Animal Park, so that should fun as well. I hope to spend Saturday and Sunday resting, knitting, dyeing and spinning *smile* Well, that's all for now, I'll update again when I have some actual knitting content to share!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Glad to see a post from you!
YEA!!! Your got a car! Is it that color? How fun...enjoy! You're not a geek...you're not waiting in line at Graumann's, are you? Are you dressing in character, are you? I think your safe. You do work at CalTech, though...just kidding.

Enjoy your day off at the movies...just don't give away the plot points... ; )

Christie said...

OooOOooOoo...my spellig und grammir is horrible int hat last post! In eed to prooofre ad beforre i hitthe post buttom!

ThreeOliveMartini said...

congrats on the car.. that one was my second choice.. had i not gotten what i did .. !!

Leslie Shelor said...

Hurrah! I'm glad you got the car and that you like it so much! The Star Wars days sound like fun! Really like the rose tones of the merino.