Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Secret Pal 4 has ended...

I found out that my very lovely and very generous secret pal was none other than Kate from Kate's Knitting. She was the best secret pal ever, and she says I still have one more package coming. Who could ask for more!? Thanks Kate! What sucks though is that her secret pal flaked so she didn't even get spoiled. What kind of person does that, I mean I know life can get in the way and prevent you from being able to participate in something like secret pal but in that case you should say something. Don't flake. It's not nice.

I also revealed myself to my secret pal Wendy. I still have one more package to send out for her as well. I hope she enjoyed all the goodies I sent her way *smile*



I have been working on a candle flame shawl for my mom over the past week. I know I will never finish it in time for mother's day but I at least want to have made a good start. Here it is after one skein of Encore yarn. What's funny is that she has been watching me work on this not knowing it's for her. She has been wanting a shawl for a while now and since I want it to be a surprise I have not told her this is for her. It's so funny to watch her make nasty faces at me for having the nerve to knit myself a shawl in front of her with no consideration for the fact that I was supposed to have made her one many moons ago! (her words, not mine *smile*)


Here it is from the back, which I almost like more than the front.


There were many mistakes in the original pattern on the web, so I had to retype the whole thing before I could start. Then I got tired of trying to figure out where I was in the pattern while at the same time actually knitting the pattern so I made my own wonky chart. My first one! LOL

2 comments:

Christie said...

Hi! SP4 was fun...I think that I'll do it again sometime. I love the Candle Flame Shawl. It's lovely! Hmmm...another want to knit. There are so many, I need another pair of hands.

Leslie Shelor said...

What a beautiful shawl this is going to be! And I love the rich chocolate color!