
Hello again and thank you to everyone who sent me thier well wishes after my car accident. I am back at work today and I thought I would share some pictures of my smashed up car with you. I know it could have been worse but it was still pretty bad in my opinion *smile*

As you can see, the woman who hit me pretty much took out my whole passenger side. This is where my daughter would have been sitting if she had been in the car with me. She's big enough for a booster seat now, so it's not "strapped-in" the car and the impact was hard enough to send her empty seat flying to the other side of the car.

Here's a long view of the damage, what you can't see in these pictures is how my glove box is hanging on the inside of the car and how the front passenger seat has been scooted over a bit. Neither of these doors will open. When you try the handle on the front door it doesn't even feel like it's attached to anything.

Here's a close up of where the front and rear door meet. She was starting to make a left turn when she hit me, so she kinda scraped along the side of my car from front to back during the accident.

I'm doing better today than I was last week. I spent the weekend doped up on Flexeril as my doctor suggested, trying to give my back a chance to heal. It hurts like the dickens today though. Too much sitting down at work. I go back to physical therapy tomorrow so hopefully my therapist will be able to give me some treatments and exercises to help with the pain. I don't like being so doped up all the time. I will leave you with this picture of Alpaca cloud (color = Moss) from Knit Picks that was waiting for me when I got back to work this morning. I plan to use to knit Ene's scarf from Scarf Style.
I also recieved my peruvian baby cashmere and my leaf lace shawl pattern from elann that I bought with the gift certificate from my secret pal. I might start that one first. I've never knit lace before and the ene's scarf pattern seems daunting. You start out by casting on 375 stitches (which is as far as I have gotten so far *smile*) and then the rest of the pattern is knit from charts. Problem is, I don't really understand the charts. There is a chart for the left and right side of the shawl but there are areas of the chart marked with no stitches, just a gray box and the legend states, "no stitch". I don't really know what I'm supposed to do when I get to this area of the chart. Maybe I'm just stupid, LOL! I don't have much experience knitting from charts so if anyone can help me out with this I would be really grateful *smile*
5 comments:
I can't help you with the scarf. Sorry...I'm about to embark on following a chart myself. Glad to hear that you're better!
"No stitch" is literally that - just skip over those squares as if they weren't there. When designers use a chart, they usually try to make the chart look kind of like the finished product will look. When you increase or decrease one row, you'll end up with a different number of stitches. But to keep the stitches lined up correctly, they put the "no stitch" squares in there. Just pretend they're not there.
omigosh! i've been away for a few days and this is what happens? I hope you're feeling better and it's such a blessing that your daughter wasn't in the car with you! Thinking good thoughts and saying prayers!
Hi Statcy: Sorry to hear about your car accident. i hope you feel much better soon. Love the yarn.
Glad it wasn't worse, but it looks bad enough. Hope things improve real soon and give your daughter an extra hug for being safe! Sounds like you've got some nice projects planned to help your recovery!
Post a Comment