
In knitting news I have still been plodding along on my leaf lace shawl. This is a very enjoyable knit. The pattern is really easy and the chart is easy to read. I can knit and listen to a book or watch tv, or even yell at the monster *smile*

Here is a close-up of the lace pattern pinned out. Isn't it purty!?! I'm so impressed with myself that I am knitting lace. Wowzers!

I also bought some MORE FIBER at the Weaver's Cottage while I was there this past Saturday for a dyeing class. The big white ball is alpaca and blue face leicester. It's so creamy and soft, I love it!

This is four ounces of 70% merino and 30% tencel. It looks and feels just like hair. We were joking with Sheryl (who teaches the classes there) that this looks almost just like her hair and if she wasn't careful we might try to cut some of her hair and spin it *smile*

This last one is my personal favorite. It's 70% merino and 30% silk, pure heaven. I think I will spin all of these up into lace or fingering weight yarn and use them to make more lace shawls. They are so pretty. I also decided while I was at the Weaver's Cottage that I want (no NEED) and Schacht Matchless single treadle spinning wheel. I have been in love with this wheel since I first tried it out 3 months ago. The only problem is that it costs a million dollars. Pray for me, pray that God makes a wheel fall from the sky for me to spin on, just make sure that you also pray for it to land safely, LOL!
Well, no new news on my car. It's really making me anxious. I want this whole thing to be over, I hate having to wait each day to find out what the ins. company is going to offer me for my car. I've pretty much narrowed the new car choice down to a Toyota Matrix though. I really like the look and they seem to run pretty good. If anyone owns one, please let me know what you think of this car.
4 comments:
I agree the Schacht is a fantastic wheel - I've had mine a few years, double treadle. I would keep an eye out for a second hand one on ebay or the knitters/spinners housecleaning pages. You might just find a bargin!
*drooling over that fiber* and I have been looking for a wheel too but have to wait til i get home.. i wish i had the room now!
The lace looks wonderful and the color is terrific. Can't wait to see the finished product. And the fiber! Love merino/silk; have worked with it before and adore it. Interested to see what you do with the white!
Pretty fiber! Can't wait to see what you spin up!
Your lace shawl is beautiful! I just started in again for the 6th time on a lace shawl and have actually knit 5 rows without screwing up! I don't know if I'm a lace knitter, but I'm going to keep trying!
Post a Comment