
I have to say thanks again to my secret pal because I have been knitting from the book she gifted me with. I'm making the sweater on the cover for my DD using Lion Brand Cotton Ease in sugar plum. I'm so sad that they are discontinueing this yarn. If sells were low, all they needed to do to perk them up was to add some more muted colors (browns, beige, warm orange, slate blue, etc.). I'm sure I'm not the only one who was in love with this yarn but just couldn't see wearing day glow orange on a daily basis. Thankfully I still have 6 skeins of blueberry and 10 of licorice in my stash to make some more lovely cotton garments *smile*

Since I cannot find Cotton Ease for a decent price anymore, I bought some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in pink-a-boo to make Crumpets for the munchkin next. I have to say, as much as I love Cotton Ease, I love Cotton Fleece more. I just wish it came in a slightly heavier gauge. It should work out nicely for a summer top though. I also bought 10 skiens of this yarn to make something summery for myself. I haven't decided what yet, any suggestions?

I haven't done any dyeing in the past few weeks but I have been spinning. Here is a skien of alpaca from the roving I brought from the girl in my spinning class who owns a few alpacas. It is about 376 yards of fingering to sport weight yarn. I LOVE the colors, but this is not the softest yarn. This is about half of the total of what I have in my stash so I will end up with about 750 yards. I'm thinking I might be able to make a little shoulder shawl to wear over sweaters in the winter or something like that. This way it won't be next to my skin and scratching me. She had some softer fleece in white and brown that was from the blanket area, but I really loved the color of this even though it was from the legs. Next time I'll stick to blanket fleece though.

Here is a close up of the colors, isn't it gorgeous?!?

I'll leave you for today with a picture of the little monster in her "I'm graduating from pre-school" picture. It's a picture of a picture because I'm too lazy to go upstairs to use the scanner. Ugh! I need to start going to the gym to get my energy up, I'm so tired and lazy lately!
3 comments:
I adore the alpaca colors; looks like my pure black angora handspun! You just can't get that subtle shading anyway but natural!
Funny how everybody was happy on TV back then and now they're all miserable? That may say something!
When I see pics of your little one I want one. Especially the darling things you make for her. Sanity soon returns, however!
Stacey I am your secret pal...
www.katesknitting.typepad.com and so you know there is still something coming your way...take care!
Kate
The colors of that alpaca are gorgeous! Whatever you make with it will be perfect =)
And thanks for the heads up on Cotton Fleece - i just ordered some to play with =)
Post a Comment