Monday, December 06, 2004

No new yarn for 3 months!


Since my stash has gotten completely out of control, I decided to enter into a Yarn Non-Buying Agreement. No new yarn for 3 whole months! I'm already feeling the pressure. What if Noro goes on sale for $1 a skein, can I still not buy it? I refuse to believe that this is part of the pact, but I plan to get confirmation. The main point is that I need to stop! I'm currently waiting on an order from Joann.com even though I have enough yarn at home to last me til the end of my life, LOL!

The new yarn I ordered is for the Ribby Cardi on ChicKnits. If the pattern is as quick to knit as I have read on other people's blogs I plan to make a couple of these with yarn from my huge stash, but I wanted to start with something sedate so I ordered some cotton ease in black from Joann.com. The gauge for the yarn is a little thicker than what's called for in the pattern but I think I should be able to make it work. I'll keep you posted. I plan to start this as soon as the yarn arrives. I decided I really needed one of these when I saw Teresa's version from One More Row & Another Latte. I love the collar.


I also made some progress on my BF's sweater this weekend. I think this is all the striping I'm going to do across the chest and I'm still trying to decide if I want to try to match up the striping on the sleeves. I didn't count how many rows down these stripes started so I would have to figure that out before I could do anything else.

For the rest of my planned knitting, I recently bought a copy of Rowan Junior so I can knit some pretty sweaters for my monster (aka 4 year daughter). There are so many nice patterns in here that I really don't know where to start. I'm thinking that I may just flip through with my eyes closed and do the first pattern that I land on. *smile* If anyone has made anything from this book already, I'm open to first project suggestions. I get the feeling that I will be making many of the patterns in this book.

1 comment:

superstahr said...

Oh, I certainly hope you're right. I'm going to really need help on this one. I was already looking at yarn again this morning. It's a sickness, a sickness I tell you! There should be knitters rehab or something of the sort. How are we expected to kick such a horrible addiction on our own *smile*