Well, eventually. I just found out that Woodland Woolworks offers lay-away. So I can put 20% down and then I have 8 months to pay off the balance. This is just so great! As a single mom I can't really afford to shell out $300 - $400 at one pop for a hobby, but once I have a drum carder I might actually be able to start selling some of my yarn in earnest. Hand carding just takes a million years! (especially when your as cheap (ahem, frugal) as I am and you're using dog brushes as carders *smile*). I've put some of my hand-dyed yarn up for sale on eBay but I have a TON of raw fleece at home that I could spin up in a flash if it didn't take so long to card and blend. (Can you tell I'm excited?).
Other than that news, I'm still sick. (Graphical description coming next, skip this is you have a weak stomach). I'm coughing so hard at this point that I'm wheezing, my head throbs and every now and then, as an extra bonus, I'm pee on myself a little from the force of the coughs. Childbirth does wonderful things to a woman's body, let me tell you. I've been to the doctor a million times, they've done all sorts of test and blood tests and everything just keeps coming back normal. I still maintain that I have a case of death, for some reason all my family laughs when I say this. If they could live inside my head just once while I was coughing or doing a marathon sneezing session, they would not think it was so funny.
On the knitting front, I have just about finished the body of my BF's Xmas sweater. Now I just need to get to the sleeves. I've heard there are 12" circulars that I can use to do the sleeves. I plan to go hunting for some today. I've also finished the back and half of the left front side of my ribby cardi. I love how this is turning out. I'm positive now that I'm making it too big, but I think I will like it anyway. It will be very comfy. I hope to have some update pictures soon, but I don't think anyone really wants to see my inch by inch progress, LOL.
Hope everyone out there is feeling better than I am, be greatful for your health!
2 comments:
Keep up the great knitting and hope you feel better! Also congrats on the drum carder.
Thanks! I tried inhaling some boiled eucalyptus leaves last night and that seemed to help with the coughing. I just wish I could carry that stuff around with me all day. *smile*
Post a Comment