Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas recap...


Well, I'm back at work and I have pictures to share! Here is a somewhat decent picture of our Christmas tree. I am morally offended by multi-color lights and glass bulbs (no offense *smile*), so we had silk poinsettia's, roses and holly for the decorations and red lights. That big white thing in the center is an ornament my daughter made at school with her picture on it. Too cute!

Here is the angel my daughter hand picked for the top of our tree.

Her school had a wonderful Christmas party/program and she was just too cute in her party dress. They sang songs, we had dinner and then Santa came and told stories, sang more songs and passed out gifts. The kids (and parents) had a blast.

I finished the hat and scarf that I set out to make for my boyfriends mom. Here I am modeling it (if you can call it modeling, LOL!). I have some of this yarn left and I think I am going to have to make a hat for myself. The colors came out really nice.

Here it is all packaged up for her with some of my handmade lotion. She loved it! She called to thank me and we ended up being on the phone for 3 hours! I can't even begin to tell you what we talked about. I just know we talked about it for a long time LOL!

I also finished the back and fronts of my ribbi cardy. Here is a picture of the back blocking on my high tech blocking towel, LOL! One day i I will get around to making an actual board but I refuse to pay $80 to buy one. Ah, dreams... they keep me alive *smile*

And last I would like to share one of the scarfs that I made for gifts this year. I made so many that I'm not going to post all the pictures here, but my little one saw this one in the wrapping pile and claimed it as her own. It was so cute on her that I decided to let her keep it. That kid of mine has good taste I tell ya!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and wish you the best for the new year to come. So far I have managed not to buy any new yarn, but I did get a $25 gift certificate to Michael's for Christmas. Is it cheating if I buy yarn with a gift card? I don't know what else I would ever buy from Michael. What do you think? :)

3 comments:

superstahr said...

Thanks! The scarf was actually made using a crochet shell stitch with two yarns held together. I think I was using a size N crochet hook. I chained on about 100 stitches and then worked 3 rows of shell stitch and bound off. It turned out better than I expected. I'm going to have to try this one again.

Thanks also for letting me feel free to order yarn with my gift card! LOL! Now I just need to find something decent at Michael's. I have to admit that thanks to internet discounts I've become some what of a yarn snob *smile*

mochacaremel said...

Your daughter is beautiful and yes she has exquisite taste! I was feeling kinda blue, but her picture made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Mocha

superstahr said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. She's a natural in front of the camera, before she could speak she knew to smile when someone pulled out a camera, LOL!