

Here is the finished fiber trends felted clogs and shedir. I think they came out very well and the BF loves them. The hat looks better in person, I was actually quite impressed with myself, LOL! I used Cascade 220 for the clogs in some shade of blue *smile* and made the largest men's size. I think it took about 3 whole skeins of the lighter color and about 4 of the darker shade. I also painted the bottom with PolyShield so that he wouldn't slip and break his neck while wearing my gift. Everyone in my family now wants a pair of these for xmas. I'm thinking of trying them in some knit picks yarn. Has anyone tried felting this yet?
For the hat I used Filatura di Crosa's Zara yarn (which I adore) in shade 1389 (I think) and used about 1 1/2 balls of yarn. I have some slate grey at home to make a matching hat for myself one of these days. While this pattern was easy to read, it was still brutal to catch on and don't even talk to me about the decreases for the top shaping and the roving starting stich, LOL!

In other breaking news, I got a haircut last week. What a difference. First of all, I had no idea my hair was this long. The longest little straggling piece was almost to my waist (granted, as the BF always points out, I wear my pants a little high but you get the idea). My cousin is a beautician so she cut me and ended up taking about 3"-4" off. I love it! It was like instant healthy. That last picture is of my cousin with her new 'do. Although it was very cute on her petite little self, I don't think I could ever be this brave *smile*
As an aside I have to share with you how this child (24 years old) almost got herself mobbed while I was at the salon. I wasn't really paying attention to anything she was saying until I hear, "Yeah, so after 25 years old you're pretty much a dinosaur". There was instant quiet as all heads turned to the offender. She then tries to save herself by explaining that she doesn't really mean that you're a dinosaur, it's just that the best years of your life are between the ages of 18 - 25. Goodness! I told her she should just shut up before she was killed. I mean damn, I'm turning twenty-ten this year and I'm just now figuring out where everything is and what it does. I wish someone had told me that I was in the best years of my life while they were happening, cuz I think I might have missed out, LOL!
Have a great weekend, me and my dinosaur bones are going to try relaxing a bit *SMILE*
3 comments:
Only someone who is 24 believes that. Unfortunately, she'll realize she's already an inch away from 40.
Your hair so so long! I wish mine were like that again! Maybe in a year or two. UGH!
Lastly, tell your BF he's lucky to have you!
I just turned 30 a few weeks ago...I didn't mind a bit. I feel so much more comfortable with myself by now, and life is just getting good! Now, you have to at least pretend it bothers you though so you can get good presents. :P
Nope, 40 is the best! My thirties were my hardest years; I didn't realize how hard until I looked back. But my forties have been SO much easier. Big shift in attitude or something, everything's been great since I hit 40!
Post a Comment