I still don't have photoshop because the first memory card that the computer store here on campus sent me was bad, so I'm going to post some more unedited photos for you.
First off here is my little monster modeling the finished crumpets. She LOVES it and managed not to destroy it at school. *smile* She came up with these poses on her own and I had to re-shoot the first picture because the first time I took it you couldn't see that her foot was up and she just wasn't haveing that!

I've also been working on my own pattern for a cabled cardigan. I've done a swatch using some cotton-ease, now I just need to figure out the correct number of stitches to cast on considering that part of my sweater will be cables and part will be stockinette. I'm open to suggestions. I even joined Christie's Cable knit-along. I plan to actually finish this one *smile*

And last, but most certainly not least, I would like to send out a big thank you to my secret pal who has revealed herself as Liz from Knitting from Outer Space! She told me that the last package would be the best yet and let me tell you, this woman does not lie. Here is a really bad picture of part of my haul *smile*

What you see here are some of the softest fibers I have ever had my hot little hands on. In the front (white) you have your baby suri alpaca, yum! Next, (tan) you have your guanaco and let me tell you this stuff is betta than butta! It is soooooooooo soft that I almost don't want to spin it. I just want to hold it and pet it and love it and make it my friend. LOL! I had never even heard of this fiber before and now I'm positive that I Must. Buy. More! LOL! Last, (dark brown) you have your Yak, nasty sounding animal name, beautifully soft fiber. I'm thinking of spinning this all up into a lace weight yarn and making myself a pretty scarf. it's soooooo lucious. I wish you could rub your monitors to see how nice these fibers feel. Thanks pal!
As if that wern't enough, she also included a copy of The Spinner's Companion which was on my amazon.com list and the cute little lamby pez dispenser which you can see in the photo above. That's not all! There was also an assortment of chocolates (some of which were stolen by the monster and the BF, LOL!). This round of secret pal was a lot of fun for me, but I think I will still take a break from SP6. I sure had fun spoiling and be spoiled though!
Later this week I hope to post some pictures of my progress on the no pattern cable cardigan and also some spinning and dyeing I've done over the last few weeks. TTFN!
4 comments:
SO sorry that you have people involved in the disaster of Katrina! Glad that BF's father is safe, at least, but things are going to be tough. Hope you hear from everyone else soon!
Crumpets looks wonderful on your lovely daughter. I love it. I think I will have to make one too.
I love the cabling you are doing, I can't wait to see more.
Alyx
http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com
I know this time is difficult. I hope everything works out well in the coming weeks.
Your daughter is beautiful, and so is your work.
I'm glad you like the last package. :) I had a hard time putting the guanaco in the box.
I do hope your family will be alright.
Post a Comment