Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ugh!

Well, last week I was a bad secret pal, this week I'm a bad blogger. I've had so much going on in actual LIFE that I haven't had time to blog or to read blogs. I have over 200 blog posts to read in bloglines and a ton of picture. Unfortunately, I still don't really have time to blog so this post will be rich in imagery but lacking in actual content *smile*

First up I want to thank my secret pal profusely. Her package could not have come at a better time. I got a nice box full of goodies to pamper myself with. There was even a hand knit bunny for the monster (which she loved!) Here you see a picture of her holding peter upside down and backwards so all you really see here is his cotton tail :) There were bath goodies, a hand knit wash cloth, candles and of course, chocolate! I'm also happy to say that I sent off a package to my secret pal but like a dork I forgot to put the card in the box saying it was from me. I hope she got it ok, I haven't seen anything posted on her blog, but it hasn't come back to me either so hopefully it made it safely.



I also got around to taking some pictures of the cashmere yarn that I unravelled the other week that I plan to use to make the cabled shrug from the Fall IK. I was going for a chocolate cherry and I think I got pretty close. I also started unraveling another sweater that (again) chocolate tweed. It's about a DK weight wool/linen blend. Nice stuff. The BF says I am no longer allowed to make myself anything else in brown, LOL! He says seeing it as I am brown I should try to wear some other colors, hahahaha! I have to say that my knitting does tend to go towards the brown (a lot) so maybe he has a point with this one.



I also (almost) finished the monster's tunic. It's supposed to be a dress (crumpets) but I made her tunic length so she can wear it with pants and shorts and so I don't have to knit miles and miles of stockinette. I still need to sew the elastic in the bodice (it really needs it) and add the crochet trim on the bottom edge, but this is pretty much done.



I also finished two other projects but they are gifts so I can't show them to you yet. I promise to share as soon as they are in the hands of their recipient however *smile* I'm also trying out new do's this month. Yesterday I attempted to try some new products and wear my hair curly and down. For some reason the products made my hair really frizzy and I looked crazy by the end of the day. I'm going to share with you all anyway. Next week I will post a new pic and we can all laugh and laugh, LOL! Do you see how BIG this fro is? It got bigger than this by the end of the day, my oh my...



To finish off my crazy week I bought school supplies for the monster. She will be starting kindergarten in the fall. I can't believe she's old enough! Do you think I got her enough crap, ahem, stuff? *smile* I also bought the eris pattern (even though I haven't even cast on for rogue yet). It was so huge I decided to bind it and I put the pattern for rogue in there as well. I think this should work out nicely.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Busy girl!

I'm diggin' the hair curly! I know [from personal experience] how big the hair can get in this weather. Keep experiementing [I usually experiment on days I don't have to go anywhere] and you'll find the right combo of products. To scrunch or not to scrunch? :)

Can't wait to see all the projects...brown or other colors! [Hey tell BF that we're brown, we eat brown food and wear brown clothes!]

Anonymous said...

What goodies you received from your SP. I've got boring, super straight hair, so I love the curls in yours. I've been planning on Crumpets for a while now, even have the Cotton-Ease! Then I went and bought Eris, even though I have yet to start Rogue!