Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend recap

Well, I didn't have an exciting weekend but I did wash and card up a bit of that fleece I bought and it came out lovely. I need to figure out how to wash a lot more without too much muss or fuss. I'm going to go out and buy some of those lingerie bags tonight so I can start washing at least a few ounces at a time in my washing machine. Everyone pray that I don't felt it, OK? *smile*

I also went to a baby shower on Saturday. I'm starting to hate happy people with babies. I tell ya baby fever is upon me bad! I need to hurry up and find a husbeast and get pregnant, haha! That should be fairly easy to do, right? LOL!

Sunday I went to church and had to make my child cry. I tell ya, we really are all born sinners. My precious 5-year old LIED in church so she could get a toy. Our church has a seperate children's ministry with its own sanctuary. When I picked up my little "angel" from her area on Sunday she proudly told me all about how she lied and said that this was her first visit to the church so she could get a free toy (We usually go to the 9am service but we went to the 11am this past Sunday so the people there did not recognize her). I had to walk her back to the sanctuary so she could apologize and give the toy back. She was none too pleased but I think she learned a good lesson. And I was so embarrased, my child LIED in CHURCH! The youth ministers were really good about it though, they thanked her for telling the truth and told her that next Sunday she would be allowed to buy a special gift from the little sunday school store (they earn church "money" for learning bible verses, etc. and once a month they can use them to shop in the church "store"). In the end she was pretty proud of herself for telling the truth.

I also worked on the whole hair situation some more and I think it's looking better. I mixed up my own little hair concoction and tried that out with "no scrunching" and this is what I got. Much better! *smile*

6 comments:

Jeanine said...

The hair looks pretty good. I'm also a hair scruncher. I use Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade and scrunch away. It feels natural too. Not hard and crunchy.

Christie said...

LOOOOOoOOoOOKATCHU!!!!
Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for teaching your daughter about right and wrong. So many parents these days write off stuff like that, but I'm glad you didn't.

BTW... The hair is looking good!

Wendy said...

Ditto everything the knit chick said, and good for the church folks for making sure they reinforced the lesson by making it positive (and pay off ;)).

Hey, you asked about the dyes I use...I use acid dyes, jacquard acid dyes from dharma trading co--check them out, they have good prices (and here's the best bit) info right on the web page on how to use each type and what fibers they're for:
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2358430-AA.shtml

No affiliation, of course, but their site and the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook taught me everything (if I even know anything) about dyeing.

And here's a helpful link for washing fleece in larger batches using the washing machine or sink:
http://www.hjsstudio.com/wash.html

I buy mesh laundry bags from our local military surplus shop for $1.98.

I love the smell of sheepy fleece, I can't wait to get one clean enough to spin right from the lock in the grease.

Leslie Shelor said...

Dang, looks like you got spammed. Hair looks great! And love the fleece; beautiful color and I know you're going to have a lot of fun with it!

Eniyan said...

I just finished wiping my dinner off the screen. When I read what your daughter did I just burst out laughing. Too funny.