Sunday, June 10, 2007

My first Sidewinder

And I'm not talking about snakes...

Sidewinders

I'm in love with this pattern, it's Sidewinders from Nona Knits (she also swatches). This is the first time that I've finished a sock and actually wanted to immediately knit the second one.

I hit a bumps along the way, this was my first time grafting and it took me a while to get the hang of it but in the end it worked out well. I also had some trouble with the increases the first time around, but that also didn't take long to get the hang of.

I knit these using some knitpicks bare merino that I dyed up a while back. I had split the hank into two balls using my scale and I had more than enough yarn for this sock. It fits like a glove and I knit the whole thing in about 3 days! Way faster than I knit my first circular sock. I can see a lot more of these in my future.

You can see way more in progress and finished socks in my flickr set and also by clicking on the pic above. Whether you are a sock knitter or not you have to try this pattern, it has lots of help along the way and is very easy to follow. I have to go now, that second sock is calling me *smile*

3 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Ooo -- great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How great did your Sidewinder turn out and I'm so glad it fits. Your photos are also fabulous, they really capture the transformation of strange looking object into beautiful sock. Thank you for knitting along!

Laura Sue said...

I'm here from nonaknits and I almost didn't get to read about the sock because I got caught up in your slide show! What a beautiful--family, I presume? Wow. And what a great sock! I've got Nona bookmarked, but haven't started my first Sidewinder yet. Am in the middle of my first sock ever and am not, as they say, feelin' the love. Will have to give the Sidewinder a try.