Thursday, May 03, 2007

How I spent my weekend...

Dyeing! This is some BFL I've had in my fiber stash for a while now. I decided to dye it in two similar colorways that I'm going to ply together. I think it should turn out pretty nice. I'm hoping to make a plain garter stitch cardigan out of this. Something with a collar and some big buttons, any pattern suggestions?


I'm also looking for a pattern like this to make a cardigan for my daughter. My niece got this as a gift from Gap Kids and I fell in love with it right away. I have some ideas for what yarn to use but I can't seem to find a pattern to fit this either. If you know of a pattern out there similar to this in a kids size PLEASE let me know!

1 comment:

Leslie Shelor said...

The dyeing is marvelous! Can't wait to see the plied yarn. Wish I knew more about knitting and cardigans. I can envision making a stripy kid's crocheted one like that, though!