Monday, March 12, 2007

Thank you

To everyone who left such nice comments about my Grammy. The service was really nice and there were so many people there that many people actually had to wait outside during the service! Wow! It really made it even more clear to me what a wonderful woman she was that so many people would not only take a day off work to come celebrate her life but that they would also wait outside in the hot sun for their chance to say their last good-bye to her.

I saw so many people that I haven't seen in years and that was a joy and a distraction. I wanted to be alone in my grief and these people all wanted to tell me about how they used to change my diaper. It really got me wondering about how many people my parents let share in this joy.

In further tribute to my Grammy I've decided to make more time for the things that make me happy so I'm actually going to post some knitting related content here. Below are some pictures of a 3-ply cormo yarn that I've gotten about half way through. I'm processing the fleece myself with combs and spinning it to a 3-ply roughly aran weight. It's about 11 WPI. I'm hoping to make an Aran cardigan with it. So far I have about 950 yards and I figure I'll need about 950 more at least.

I'm taking a break from the cormo for a while now and I've started spinning some merino fleece I bought from Genopallette and had processed by Morro Fleece Works (they did a wonderful job!). I'll try to get up pics of that soon too.






1 comment:

IndigoMuse said...

I was so sorry to just now read about your great-grandmother. She sounded like an amazing woman. Your family is in my prayers.

Great job with the cormo. It's beautiful stuff.

Tanya