Phildar Sweater, Phildar #391 Fall/Winter 2003
Started: July 20, 2005
Knitting finished: Sept. 6, 2005
Seaming finished: Jan. 18, 2006 *smile*
Bryspun circulars sizes 4 & 5
Rowan Felted Tweed (a little over six skeins) - Color phantom
Thoughts on this knit. This was a super easy pattern. Aside from the fact that there was a bunch of stockinette this was purely painless knitting. I just don't like seaming, LOL! I made it one size smaller than my actual bust size because I didn't want the front flopping around on me and I'm glad I did. I think the fit is great. I'm also now in love with the felted tweed. I bought 10 skeins so I still have almost 4 left. Any ideas for the leftovers? My bryspuns broke part way through the knitting but when I got in contact with bryspun they informed me that there was some problem with the first run of these needles and not only did they replace the size that broke but they sent me all the cable lengths for their size 4 and size 5 needles. I haven't had any problems with the new set they sent out.
I bought my pattern book on ebay and the seller was kind enough to include a translation of this pattern for me. I'm eager to try another phildar pattern now, the fit is great. I'm also looking forward to the spring Interweave knit. That caftan pullover is calling my name!
I'd also like to bring to your attention that I met David Krumholtz today (for like the 4th time, they film Numb3rs on campus here and my boss is the math consultant for the show) and he complimented me on my new sweater. I could have just died. He is very, very sweet and even cuter in person. He has the most gorgeous hair I have ever seen on anyone over the age of five. That officially makes this sweater a success! LOL!
I've also been tagged by Hilari for a meme, I don't have time today but I promise to post tomorrow *smile*
6 comments:
Wow, it looks great! I saw the preview of IK too, and the Caftan Pullover is so cute...I'm keeping my enthusiasm in check until I see the mag in person tho.
Have a great weekend!
:)
Congratulations on the compliment! The sweater is beautiful (you, too. You look great, in fact!)
This sweater looks amazing, and it suits you perfectly! Congratulations, you've done a great job with it!
Looks fabulous!
Wow, great job on the sweater, it looks great on you. Your green yarn is pretty too...Looks a lot like some green wensleydale that I've spun.
Very nice sweater. I like the way the sleeves fall.
Pretty color choice as well!
Post a Comment