Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's green!

I just had to share the first skeins off the bobbin of my new green yarn that I carded up on my drum carder. These are straight off the bobbin, the twist hasn't even been set yet! LOL! This stuff of wonderful to behold...

Here you see about 1/4 of the total amount of fiber I have carded up and pre-drafted all ready to spin. This is ~500 yards of DK weight (think Rowan Felted Tweed), 3.6 oz. It's a blend of blue faced leicester and alpaca (70/30). It's very soft. I want to make some kind of cardigan or sweater out of this. I should end up with about 2000 yards, more than enough. I was thinking Salina but you must also keep in mind that this yarn will stripe slightly. If anyone has any pattern suggestions I would love to hear them!

Here is a close-up of the wonderful yarn. When I'm done with this I plan to spin up that blue from the last post and I also ordered some CVM roving from Anne to try out. I hear it's wonderful to behold, LOL.

I also made some progress on my socks, but nothing exciting enough to take pictures of. The BF says he loves them so far which is good because knitting all those tiny stitches is a pain in the butt sometimes, let me tell ya!

I received my pattern in the mail for the Urban Aran and I think I might cast on for that next. I think it will be good to knit something chunky before I get started on my tiny handspun yarn. I was inspired by Cosmicpluto to convert my Urban Aran to a cardigan. I'll be using some Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky in light grey heather from the stash. Well, that's all for now. I've still got "the death" so I'm going to go home, finish plying up the rest of my green singles, take some Nyquil and pass out, LOL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore that color!!! Love it, love it!!!

Leslie Shelor said...

The green yarn looks beautiful from here!

Anonymous said...

beautiful color and I love that golden bit running through it.

btw, you've been tagged....http://makeme.typepad.com/make_me/2006/01/tag_im_it.html

sorry for the double whammy!

Unknown said...

ooooooooo it's purty!!!!!