So I was browsing the web when I found a link for the yarn of the month club, I couldn't resist the pull. I had to join. This is an example of what they send each month, and for $6.95 I thought it was a great deal. I can't wait for my first order to arrive!
Apparantly you get 4 samples of a new yarn, enough to knit a 4x4 swatch and a pattern using one of the yarns. I'll let you know what I think about this once my first order arrives.
I also ordered a bunch of Knitting Pure & Simple patterns from Jimmy Beans Wool. I've heard these are pretty simple and pretty quick patterns. I still need to make something for my BF by Xmas and I'm hoping I can start and finish one of these by then. I ordered the V-neck sweater for him. I also got the Neckdown hooded tunic, Neckdown Jacket, and v-neckdown cardigan for myself and the childrens neckdown bulky jacket for my daughter. I'm thinking I can dress up these patterns by adding some 5x2 rib or maybe a simple lace pattern or something like that. If anyone has and experience with these patterns please let me know. Mine won't come until next week and I'm already itching to get them. Also, if you know of any inexpensive yarns that will work for these patterns I would love to hear from you. Since I'm going to be making these as gifts (and I'm broke) I need some cheap (but not cheap feeling/looking) yarns.
5 comments:
for some good cheap wool yarn, i love me some cascade 220 and cascade 220 superwash. i also love recycling sweaters! knitty.com has a good tutorial on this if you haven't ever done it before!
for some good, cheap acrylic, caron simply soft is just too good. i've made many a hat with it and am not sorry nor afraid to mail them off to people.
btw, welcome to r.a.o.k!!! it's a fun place to be!
Thanks!
I've been working on a poncho in the simply soft and I just wasn't sure how the drape would work with a sweater, I might just have to give it a try. I'm also going to try to find some cascade 220 right now (even though i'm at work) *smile*
I'm already loving being a member of r.a.o.k, i've met so many nice new people. It's good to know i'm not the only one addicted to yarn, haha!
Hey there
Thanks for the welcome to the RAOK - I am happy to be a part of it since there are days when I totally need a smile and other days when I love to pass them on! Keep me posted as to how you like the YOTM Club... Sounds interesting!
:-) AL
http://couldbefun.blogspot.com
PS - Your daughter is beautiful!
I just got the Nov YotM pkg and was quite pleased. Really lovely stuff 2 that I am definitly looking to purchase. I have the KP&S V-neck sweater and the Cardigan patten - I just got them a week or so ago so I haven't started them yet - too many projects on the needles as it is!
Oh yeah welcome to RAOK - it's a great place to be.
LOL! thanks for the welcome and the input on the YotM club. I have so many projects on the needle right now that I'm too embarassed to count them *smile* I hope to get my KP&S pattern next week and I just ordered some Cascade 220 at Suz's (http://winterkal.blogspot.com/) suggestion to knit this up for my BF for Xmas. I've only got a little more than a month to get this completed, wish me luck!
Post a Comment