Monday, December 29, 2008

Monkeys!

monkeys2

I actually sewed a bunch of other gifts for xmas, but like a do-do I forgot to take pictures before gifting them. Ah well, you'll have to take my word that they were really cool *smile* I also made a ton of sock monkey's this year and since I didn't finish them all I still had some at the house to take pictures of. I also took a pic of my tiny messy work area, I don't really know why I'm sharing this one. LOL.

my work area

I started using this tutorial but I don't really like hand sewing so I eventually came up with my own way to make these on the sewing machine. It's a little fiddly but much faster than hand sewing. I got all my socks at either target at the 99cents store so they are also a pretty economical gift. I'm working on making some clothes for them and all that good stuff now.

cherry monkey

The cherry one is for my daughter, she loves it to death. Only problem is since it was one of the first one's I made I sewed all the seams with a straight stitch because I didn't know any better. Now if you look at the darn thing hard the seams pop. I don't really know how I'm going to fix it. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Fabulous monkeys! I only made my first one a year ago, and now I can't stop! I do all my seams with a straight stitch, but I often handstitch over the top from the 'outside' with a ladder stitch - I find it strengthens the seams.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2009.

Take care. x