I'm using up a bunch of my stash. This thing is a stash MONSTER! LOL! I've got some wool, some cotton, hand spun, hand dyed, hand spun and hand dyed all in weights randing from light worsted to semi bulky. I'm not sure of the actual width but it fits nicely on my full size bed with enough drape on the sides to cover the mattress. Oh and I'm using a size G crochet hook.I haven't done crochet in a very long time, so I'm currently not sure what to do with those edges but I figure I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I also plan to put a black border along the whole thing so I'm hoping that will help with those loose ends as well. There sure are a lot of them.
I love the colors too! I was worried that they wouldn't all go together but I think it looks pretty good. I don't have lots of bright colors in my stash like a lot of the ripplers are using but I still think this is beautiful, plus it matches my room. I also wanted this to be a stash buster. I might buy some cheap acrylic to make another one for my daughter in pinks and reds but I'll have to see how I feel about rippling once the first one is done *smile*
I've also dyed up some Classic Elite Skye Tweed to try with the Saddle Shoulder Aran Cardigan (SSAK) from spun out #49 after seeing how nice Brooklyntweed's turned out. I got this yarn from Webs and I have not been loving it. I tried dyeing it to see if that would help. The jury is still out.
I'll leave you with this bit of proof for how windy its been in sunny southern California. This is the tree that used to live outside my office window. It made a huge crash when it hit the ground. Poor tree :(
3 comments:
I love the ripple afgan; the colors are marvelous and I think they suit you! The other projects are great, too! Too bad about the tree; looks like the winds we had visited you first!
The blanket looks great! It's probably super warm too...love that...especially today!
Everything else looks great...you have been busy.
I love the colours you are using in your ripple, soothing and earthy.
Post a Comment