There's not really much going on, I'm going on a field trip with my DD school tomorrow to the Long Beach Aquarium so I figured I'd post these picture today since I'm sure I'll have some cute pictures from the aquarium later this week.
Lookie what I got in the mail today!
That's a 1.6kg (don't ask me how many pounds that is, I'm so tired I can hardly think right now) merino fleece from Treenway Silks. So SOFT! I can't wait to wash this up. Pray for me everyone, this will be my first time processing such a fine fleece on my own and it cost a small fortune (at least for me) so I really don't want to mess it up. I'm hoping to end up with enough DK weight yarn to knit myself a nice little cardigan. I don't know what pattern yet, but I do know it needs to be some thing I can wear day in and day out. I plan to spin this very fine and then maybe do a 3-ply yarn to keep down the pilling factor.I've also made some headway on my handspun Lady E. Here she is after almost one full skein of yarn...
Lady E and I both feel things are working out well so far. I started with size 10.5 needles but I didn't like how loose the stitches were so I ended up going down to size 9's. She's about 13" long and 20" wide unblocked and I think I can get one more tier out of this skein. I've spun up 5 skeins total so if I knit up all of this that will be about 65" long unblocked. Almost as tall as I am. I think I might spin up one more skein so I can have yarn for fringe and maybe a little more length because I really want to be able to wrap up in this without having to worry about it falling off.Ok, well I'm off. Got lots o work to finish before I can take the day off tomorrow.
TTFN!
2 comments:
Hi Stacey ::waving madly::
Your Lady E is beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product. You should be very proud of this one!
Oh, gorgeous! Really, really, really!
Post a Comment