Ok, no actuall pictures yet but I'm just so pleased I had to share the news. I have no idea how to use the damn thing though. The first batch of fiber I ran through (some rambouillet fleece) came out full of neps. Ugh! Should I flick the locks first? I also carded some roving that I had dyed on there and that came out fine so I'm thinking my problem is going to be carding the raw fleece. If anyone has suggestions, I would love to hear them!
Thanks!
3 comments:
I'd probably flick them just a bit to open up the ends. And pass the batts through several times. Have fun!! I briefly had an older Pat Green carder (2ndhand which I sold because I barely used it and needed the money) and it was a nifty thing indeed. Post pictures when you can. ;)
Another tip is to card slower. I get neps when I'm rushing...
Sorry; I haven't had the chance to use a drum carder yet but looks like you've gotten some good advice. But congratulations! And Season's Greetings!
Post a Comment