Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Being thankful...

I have so much to be thankful for this year, least of all my health *smile* I want to thank everyone out there for your thoughful words, emails and cards. They have really made a difference in my life and I'm grateful to have found you all as friends. I don't have many friends in "real life" and my one really good friend recently moved out of state so to have so many of you show concern for my well being truly warmed my heart.

I'm doing much, much better now. I still have some soreness at my incision sites but nothing that would stop me from stuffing myself to almost bursting come Turkey Day, LOL! Today I had my last follow up appt. with my doctor and (hopefully) had blood drawn for the last time. We're basically waiting for my hormone levels to get down to 0 at this point and so far it's not there but declining steadily. That makes me very, very happy.

I've also been able to get some knitting done. My cousin's baby shower is this Sunday so a knit her a baby blanket and I'll probably make some booties as well. The BF was a little worried about me making something for someone else's baby because I was pretty upset and fragile and manic for a while there, but I think that making something to celebrate a new life at this point was good for me. I can't wait to give her the gifts and help her welcome her first child into this world. I've also finished my very first ever sock! Whoot! I made it using some knit picks sock yarn from my secret pal V and Wendy's Toe up sock pattern. I think it came out pretty darn good (if I do say so myself). I won't have any pictures until next week, but you can take my word for it that it's good. The BF now wants a pair of his own as well. I see many socks in my future. Other than that I have been knitting on the BF and the DD xmas gifts and enjoying my last days home.

I'll be back at work on Monday and they are sooooo eager for me to be back. I don't even want to think about how much work I'm going to have right now. There are so many aspects of my job that only I can do, I'm sure one of the first things I'll be asked to do is write instructions for how to do what it is that I do, LOL! Don't tell the EDD but I was actually forced to do some work from home because no one else could do it. I guess that equals job security but when something like this happens and you are off work for 5 weeks, it also means a huge back up *smile*

The family and I are cooking up a feast and we plan to eat until we pop, watch some football, eat some more and then go to sleep. I hope you all have an equally satisfying holiday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend. I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving and weekend.

Christie said...

I'm also glad to here that you're doing well. I hope that you have a GREAT Thanksgiving...don't stuff yourself too much, now! and I can't wait to see your first successful sock!